Specialized Europe BV is the European distributor for the Specialized brand. Due to our continued success we are looking for sportive professionals to strengthen and further develop our teams in our international office in ‘s-Heerenberg, The Netherlands. The office is close to the German border (Emmerich/Elten).
Specialized professionals are very customer oriented, looking for challenges and are working hard to be the best in their positions and eager to grow with the company. They are dedicated, proactive and strongly self-motivated.
The accountant accounts payable (AAP) will be primarily responsible for administratively processing AP and banks.
As AAP, you will furthermore support your team members with various tasks in the financial reporting process.
The (full time) position calls for a proactive sportive team player who has good analytical skills, is accurate and has a critical approach. We’re looking for a motivated financial who has the passion to develop his/her (financial) skills to make the next step our finance team.
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
- AP processing, processing of all received invoices of Specialized Europe, check correctness and legal (loacal) compliance, match invoices to POs and policies, perform approval procedures, book invoices in Oracle and follow-up on unapproved invoices.
- Check the compliance of internal policies like the expense policy, vendor selection procedure.
- Handle queries, reply to all queries from suppliers and respond to requests from internal staff on a timely basis.
- Process payments: prepare periodic payments in the bank systems and obtain payment approvals and administratively process bank transactions into Oracle (sub)ledger.
- Reconciliation of bank transactions, check, explain and solve possible differences.
- Filing of all AP related documents e.g. invoices, approvals, expense reports, reminders, payment runs etcetera.
- Support administratively in financial reporting processes where needed.
- Support several international VAT filings.
- Innovate the accounts payable process, as an expert you could prepare and advice process improvements
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- HBO degree (business economics/accounting)
- Recently graduated or 1-2 years relevant working experience
- Understanding AP accounting and VAT filing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, preferably advanced Excel user
- Basic knowledge of Oracle is preferred
- Excellent command of Dutch and English (German is preferred)
- Highly organized, good analytical skills, accurate
- Critical work approach and proactive mind set
- Strongly communicative, seek to understand (ask and discuss topics with colleagues)
- Eager to learn and driven by motivation
- Being flexible (no 9 till 5 mentality), motivated to deliver top sport results every day
- Cycling (or sports) enthusiast strongly preferred
Are you Specialized? Apply for this positition via the link and send us your resume and cover letter in English.
To obtain a more complete picture, we look forward to receive your video application. (strongly recommended).
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
No acquisition please