Rockstar student and lover of bikes.
Are you excited to learn from the most talented engineers in the industry and develop your expertise? Do you enjoy the challenge of translating your ideas to 3D models? Are you stoked to support the development of the best cycling products on the market? Do you enjoy collaborating with brilliant minds to produce top-notch products? Would people call you analytical and solution-oriented? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop and implement creative solutions for specific projects before new designs go to production
- Complete experimental testing in the test lab and/or in the field
- Partner with senior engineers to participate in the various stages of product engineering, including:
- Creating 3D models and 2D drawings of new designs
- Fabricating prototypes in the machine shop
- 3D modeling of any specific fixtures which are needed for testing
- Performing data analysis of test results
- An example of a project is a wheel/heat research project based in carbon fiber rims from braking
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- You’re naturally curious and love a challenge
- Stellar academics – you’re currently enrolled in junior or senior year in an accredited engineering program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic machine shop experience
- Passion for cycling or other outdoor sports and activities
- Bonus points for 3D modeling experience in ProE
- The internship runs for 6 months, twice each year: January to June and July to December. There are 2 positions available during each rotation.
- Internships are full-time, paid and accommodations at our intern house can be provided to assist in your relocation.
- We have a casual work environment, many dog bellies to rub, an endless supply of espresso and ride the raddest bikes on earth!
How to apply
- Apply online and make sure to include a great cover letter telling us why you are Specialized
- Please include an updated resume highlighting your relevant experience
- Send us a portfolio or pictures of bikes you’ve built or dream of building
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.