To strengthen our e-Bike Systems engineering team in Cham, Switzerland, we are seeking for a System Engineer e-Bike Motors to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be at the forefront of developing solutions for state-of-the-art e-Bike Motors. Internally, you will be in close collaboration with System, Quality, Frame Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers. Externally, you will be working with various vendors and manufacturing plants, owning the e-Bike motor, and being the technical lead.
How you will make a difference
Responsible for the e-Bike Motor development (Hardware and Software):
- Write detailed requirements for e-Bike motors based on the needs of product management and quality
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop state-of-the-art solutions
- Collaborate with teammates in software and mechanical engineering to realize a bike platform vision
- Continuously keep an eye out and assess novel technologies for the applications in e-Bikes
- Develop creative solutions to seamlessly integrate e-Bike components into the bike while not losing focus on user experience and quality
- Follow and contribute to timelines and work closely with Project Management to realize SOP
In-house testing of e-bike systems/motors:
- Component level testing focused on verification of e-Bike Motor hardware and firmware
- Verify third party solutions together with mechanical and software engineers
- Collaborate closely with the quality team to determine the scope of testing, test cases, etc.
- Support complete system software testing (standalone system and complete bike)
- Assist the quality team in tracing field issues and coordinate with suppliers to implement necessary fixes
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related technical field
- Minimum 3 years of proven work experience in a similar position
- Experience in product development, e.g. consumer electronics
- Experience with automotive CAN communication
- Knowledge of electronics and electrical measuring instruments and components
- Basic programming skills (C/C++/Matlab/Simulink)
- Self-motivated and independent way of working, ability to identify problems, and develop solutions
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence (or knowledge in similar Agile Project Management tool)
- Ability to multitask effectively among different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills as you will collaborate with and coordinate between hardware and quality engineers, software developers, program managers, and suppliers across the globe
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally (approx. 10 – 20%)
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken), German a plus
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward.