In this position, you will work with the Painting Quality team and collaborate with Paint development team to develop new color and graphic and set quality standards for our products under the Specialized Quality System. You will be responsible for coordinating project documents, continuous quality improvement and new products launch to production. We need to ensure the product delivered exceeds the expectations of our rider.
Paint Development phase
- Lead the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) meeting for new material/ process/ technology during development with relative team members.
- Work with graphic team/suppliers to implement FMEA in the design and process phase before the pilot run, follow up, and address the items inside before mass production.
- Create the Quality Control Plan for the new projects before and during the pilot run.
- Review the requirement of the SOP/SIP on the supplier side for the pilot run.
- Readiness of the color standard and tooling before the pilot run, work closely with graphic team and suppliers to make sure pilot process goes smoothly.
- Inspect cosmetic and review the required weight and analyze data.
- Conduct SPC (Statistical Process Control) monitoring of critical processes and implement corrective action programs for improvement.
Continuous Improvement & Mass production
- Continuous process improvement on the supplier side and even internally would be required.
- Conduct Quality audits, implement corrective actions based on audit result to improve manufacturing process and product quality.
- Ensure relevant requirements of the quality management system are enforced.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN
Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing / Management Engineering or Certification of Quality/Equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Quality or Paint related Engineering.
- Experience working independently in a manufacturing/factory environment.
- Experience with paint manufacturing processes for decal printing or appearance processing in metal, carbon, or plastic.
- Hands-on painting shop skills using painting equipment, spray gun, electronic static painting.
- Good communication, writing, and reading in English and Chinese.
- Windows Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint skills, Minitab is preferred.
- Problem-solving skills with demonstrated success in objectively identifying process issues, isolating root cause, and coordinating resources to solve manufacturing issues.
- Knowledge of 8D and Six Sigma problem-solving methodologies.
- Shortly local travel & support will be needed.
- ISO internal auditor, six sigma green belt, MSA, SPC, FMEA, and certification of quality engineer preferred.
- Mindset for creativity and problem solving is important.
- Experience working with international cultures.
- Intense interest in riding and passion for cycling preferred.