We are seeking an experienced Product & Process Industrialization Engineer to join immediately or by agreement our Tires & Tubes team in Lage, Germany, to help us develop the best bicycle tires on the market. In this position, you will take on a key role in the production and advanced manufacturing activities of our S-Works tire factory. You will be a strong driver for product, process, and quality improvements of the tire production in the S-Works factory.
How you'll make a difference
- Be a driver for the set-up of our new S-Works tire prototype production
- Identify and implement solutions for the optimization of production processes
- Perform new product industrialization activities to meet production targets (e.g. reduce scrap and waste, cycle times); perform risk analysis and update documentation
- Be responsible for daily production and adjustments of tires regarding quality, efficiency, and capability (e.g. process parameters such as extrusion, cutting, vulcanization, etc.)
- Plan and implement project/product specific tooling and devices (e.g. molds, dies, jigs, gauges)
- Be part of the development team that develops new products for an early consideration of material, construction, tooling, and process requirements
What you need to win
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering in any of the following fields: mechanical, materials, polymers, chemical or manufacturing engineering
- Minimum 2 - 4 years’ professional experience in a factory shopfloor in tire, rubber or related industries
- Proficiency in CAD modeling (Creo, Solidworks, and Draftsight)
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English with the ability to efficiently connect with international team members, German a plus
- Experience working within an international organization and with external stakeholders (e.g. suppliers and vendors)
- Strong IT user skills (MS Office, Outlook); familiarity with Jira, Confluence is a plus
- Passion for cycling and the Specialized brand
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized International GmbH - Haferbachstrasse 9 - DE-32791 Lage
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward.