Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. In Specialized Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention while creating profitability for Specialized. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
The Leader of Specialized Retail-USA oversees the daily operations of the owned retail part of Specialized’s business for the US market. They ensure strategic goals are met through innovative strategy, integration of a newly acquired retail organization, setting operational policies, creating and maintaining budgets, managing employees and more. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring the business unit goals are achieved. Ultimately, you’ll help our company grow and thrive. You’ll be managing the Specialized owned locations (hubs, stores, experience centers & hives), operations (including regional operations, special projects, training & people and culture) & merchandising.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Integrate the newer Specialized Retail organization into an omni-channel sales model (channel/revenue mix)
- Develop the overall Specialized Retail strategy for the USA to achieve/exceed revenue targets
- Establish effective KPIs for stores and retail operations and utilize reporting/dashboards to monitor and look for opportunities for improvement
- Transform the retail leadership structure to optimize teammate engagement, productivity, and ongoing development
- Recruit, onboard, train and engage high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability and business plan objectives
- Develop, implement and optimize budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes and establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new and innovative strategies and business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Execute the Retail strategy to include commercial real estate management, community building, and integration with our wholesale partners.
- Hands on partnership and guidance with regional directors and store managers for under-performing markets
- Oversee day-to-day operations
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 10+ years experience of successful executive leadership of a retail operations in the USA
- Proven leadership of consumer brand transition from wholesale to direct-to-consumer, omni-channel distribution model, integrating a new company owned retail strategy
- Demonstrated ability in leading retail expansion programs
- Successfully managed a regional P&L with a track-record of profitability
- Proven experience managing a retail business of 100+ locations
- An excellent leader with a history of hiring, creating, leading highly engaged and productive retail teams and hold employees accountable
- Experience in retail management in the bicycle, outdoor, motorsports, sporting goods retail a plus
- Ability to manage change and apply an entrepreneurial spirit to each project
- Proven ability to successfully connect brand strategy to sales and financial targets
- Available to travel frequently
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.#LI-Remote