Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (JAVA SERVER)
We are looking for a motivated, proactive server engineer to help us design, build, test and ship quality software on a frequent basis to our customers. You'll be joining a busy team of talented engineers, using new and innovative technologies to service our riders and our business stakeholders. We work collaboratively to design, build, test and ship quality software on a regular basis. The role is broad, covering bespoke microservices, authentication and identity management, custom integrations with both internal systems and external systems, and generally providing backend services to our mobile apps and enterprise applications. Experience in a small, fast-paced environment is crucial - we are light on our feet! Experience or an interest in endurance sports or a related discipline would be great, but not necessary.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop on our core back end service stack: Serverless, Java, Quarkus, AWS, MySQL, DynamoDB, SpringBoot, JavaEE, WildFly and more...
- Work closely with our web and app engineers to design and engineer solutions
- Work closely with our enterprise application development teams on custom integrations
- Actively drive forward the patterns and practices of the engineering team
- Ship well-designed, tested software on an incremental basis
- Work with our team-mates in the United States, Australia, Switzerland, and Asia.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 5+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Experience using Java technologies and frameworks – J2EE and/or Spring
- Experience designing and building RESTful services
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong design and development skills
- Experience working in an agile and collaborative DevOps environment
WAYS TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD (Java Server)
- Experience with some of our other stacks; Go, Ruby or Python.
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture
- Experience developing common libraries/SDKs for re-use by other developers
- A depth of understanding in how to engineer for a serverless environment
- Experience with Fitness related products and associated technologies (.fit file, map rendering, workout analysis)
- A personal interest in endurance sports and/or cycling - this is a great opportunity to combine personal and professional interests
Below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in the following locations:
Colorado Base Pay Range: ($94,851 or $159,250)
*At Specialized, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and will depend on your work experience, skills, certification, and location.
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time teammate you are eligible for the following benefits beginning 30 days from date of hire. Benefits include:
- PPO, EPO, HMO Kaiser and HDHP competitive Healthcare benefit plans offered (which include coverage for acupuncture and physical therapy)
- Dental and Vision plan
- Health Savings Account with a company paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- 401(k) Matching up to $5,000 plus company paid retirement plan fees
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Sick, Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Employee discounts and perk program
- Parental Leave
- Specialized bike for new baby
- Education and events reimbursement
For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit: https://benefits.specialized.com
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.