The Specialized Freiburg office is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our international and highly skilled Bike team to help craft the worlds' best bicycles in ways the rider has never envisioned. In this role you will lead bicycle frame and part designs from conception to production. You will use your expertise in mechanical systems, two-wheel dynamics, and statics to make products better and safer while pushing the bounds of what performance means. You'll help make the world's best bikes even better. This position would be based at our Innovation Center in Freiburg im Breisgau, Gemany.
How you'll make a difference
- Successful completion of projects as assigned by Engineer Manager
- Collaborate with R&D, design engineers, development engineers, industrial designers, project managers, and of course, riders
- Create 3D models of our new products in CREO; work with Specialized teams and manufacturers to iterate through design reviews
- Responsible for 2D drawings of all parts and assemblies
- Build test plans, diagnose lab failures
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years progressively more advanced product engineering experience
- Proficiency of bicycle design process from end to end
- Experience engineering bicycles with expertise in any of these key areas: lightweight design, aerodynamic optimization, simulation, suspension frame + fork design, e-bike systems, electronics, complex mechanisms, cargo carrying, composite frames/components, alloy frames/components
- Ability to successfully complete engineering projects and be part of a cross-functional team bringing consumer product to market that meets quality goals, innovation goals and is on-time
- Experience mentoring other Engineers while simultaneously leading projects
- Experience working with international cultures and suppliers and a willingness to travel
- Proficiency in CAD modeling (preferably CREO), GD&T tools and associated PLM systems (preferably Agile or Windchill)
- Profound IT user knowledge (MS Office, Outlook)
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques used in the bicycle industry
- Great social, communication and networking skills
- Hands on skills such as: bicycle repair and maintenance, machine shop skills: using lathe, mill, welder, and other machine shop equipment
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Freiburg GmbH - Brombergstrasse 2 - DE-79102 Freiburg im Breisgau
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward.