Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
We’re investing in our teammates at Specialized by hiring an exceptional Director of Learning & Development! In this role, you will create the strategy and lead development of the learning offerings that will equip our teams to deliver on ambitious business objectives. You will partner with leaders at all levels to prescribe and deliver multi-modal learning experiences that create an inclusive learning culture along with learning technology that makes offerings scalable, measurable and accessible to all.
How you'll make a difference:
- Influence the adoption of a learning culture in which teammates feel equipped, encouraged and empowered to pursue growth opportunities
- Analyze and address systemic gaps in the organizational capability required to achieve our strategic business objectives
- Prescribe developmental programs to prepare top talent as part of succession planning and talent management processes
- Develop learning pathways to accelerate learning at level, from early career to principal individual contributor and from new manager to executive leader
- Deliver engaging talent development programming through a combination of academic curriculum and hands-on learning experiences
- Implement and foster the adoption of a learning management system (LMS) to ensure accessibility to diverse and globally distributed teams
- Establish leading and lagging KPI's to measure L&D strategy and programming impact on organizational effectiveness and teammate engagement
- Expert-level knowledge of adult learning theory with at least 10 years of experience leading Learning & Development or Talent Management teams in transformative global environments
- Proven ability to deliver scalable learning and development programming in a global organization that measurably facilitates the achievement of business objectives
- Leadership development expert - deliver curriculum that prepares leaders to engage and grow their teams while transforming the company
- Strong influencing capability - able to skillfully influence leaders at all levels, peers, internal and external partners to promote ideas in ways that build trust, confidence.
- Can take broad concepts and develop structured plans, actions and KPI's that articulate learning program progress and effectiveness
- Has developed reporting and analytics that inform and inspire business results
- Strong coaching acumen
- Has successfully implemented tools and technology (e.g. LMS) that ensure best in class learning experiences are accessible to all teammates
Location: This position will be based (hybrid) at our global headquarters in Morgan Hill, CA or one of locations in Europe, including Cham, Switzerland; Arnhem, The Netherlands; Dorking, UK.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.