Are you ready for a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? To strengthen our legal department as we continue to grow our business, we are seeking a Corporate Paralegal to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for managing and driving the global corporate governance program at Specialized under the direction of our corporate counsel. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders on a wide variety of corporate, commercial, and other legal issues, in addition to managing outside counsel globally. You will also provide support to our contracting process and contract management system. This role will be a valued member of the nimble and collegial legal team and will require building strong cross-functional partnerships across all levels of the organization.
How you’ll make a difference
- Manage Specialized’s family of corporate legal entities across the globe under the direction of our corporate counsel.
- Support Specialized’s growing Legal team across a wide variety of legal needs, with particular emphasis on corporate governance and commercial matters.
- Review and draft corporate documents, including corporate resolutions and meeting minutes.
- Assist in the formation, maintenance, and dissolution of entities globally, including the preparation and review of related documents and correspondence.
- Manage and support Specialized Legal’s outside counsel and third-party support vendors (e.g., registered agent, entity management, document management, legal billing, etc.).
- Support Legal team with general administrative functions and other duties as may be assigned.
- Investigate and analyze factual situations and problem solve.
- Proactively and simultaneously manage a broad range of matters with the strong ability to prioritize as necessary.
- Support special projects as may be requested from time to time.
- Strengthen the Specialized Legal team’s cross-functional partnerships with other teams across the company.
What you need to win
- 4 to 6 years of corporate governance experience, including experience reviewing and drafting corporate resolutions, coordinating annual meetings, and supporting fiscal year-end financial statement approvals for Specialized’s many global subsidiaries.
- A combination of law firm experience and in-house experience is strongly preferred.
- Paralegal certificate is a plus, but not required.
- California Notarial Commission (Notary Public) is highly desired.
- Experience using GEMS (Global Entity Management System) is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) strongly desired.
- Strong team player with organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills as well as good judgment is imperative.
- Detail-oriented, quick learner, and able to set and juggle priorities while handling multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
- Independent and proactive way of working paired with a high level of self-motivation to perform duties with a high level of professionalism is required.
- Ability to innovate your practice through implementation of existing and developing technologies.
- Capacity to cultivate strong internal client relationships and successfully influence teammates in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Ability to identify ways to improve and innovate processes and operations.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively among different projects in a fast-paced environment.
Below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in the following locations:
California Base Pay Range: $71,439 -$117,875
Colorado Base Pay Range: $67,867 -$108,052
New York City and Westchester County Base Pay Range: $71,439 -$117,875
Washington Base Pay Range: $71,439 -$112,963
At Specialized, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and will depend on your work experience, skills, certification, and location.
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time teammate you are eligible for the following benefits beginning 30 days from date of hire. Benefits include:
- PPO, EPO, HMO Kaiser and HDHP competitive Healthcare benefit plans offered (which include coverage for acupuncture and physical therapy)
- Dental and Vision plan
- Health Savings Account with a company paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- 401(k) Matching up to $5,000 plus company paid retirement plan fees
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Sick, Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Employee discounts and perk program
- Parental Leave
- Specialized bike for a new baby
- Education and events reimbursement
- For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit: https://benefits.specialized.com
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!