Specialized is seeking a Design Quality Engineer to join our e-Bike Quality team located in Cham (ZG), Switzerland, to commence immediately or by agreement. We are looking for a passionate and detail driven engineer who will help to deliver the absolute best cycling experience to Specialized riders around the world. Are you a bike enthusiast? Are you obsessed with details and problem solving? Are you willing to jump into the innovation process of high-performance products to make them perfect? If you replied yes to those questions, this may be the job for you.
How you will make a difference
- Support the development process for new e-Bikes
- Follow NPI (New Product Introduction) projects for new e-Bikes and e-Bike frames
- Ensure the perfect integration off all bike components
- Support Product Managers and Engineers to ensure the achievement of Specialized quality standards
- Identify project risks throughout the development process and put in place actions needed to mitigate their effects
- Create and drive the validation plan for e-Bike parts and assemblies
- Define the quality requirements of the product
- Own the approval process for components and assemblies
- Identify and address issues arising throughout the development process
- Lead the integration of an international team
- Communicate product requirements between engineering and manufacturing teams
- Consolidate the feedback of similar products on the market into requirements for new developments
- Ensure that lessons learnt from a project are documented and shared across teams
What you need to win
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical disciplines
- 5 years of experience in Product Development
- 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance
- Experience within a manufacturing environment and with assembly techniques; experience in welding, machining and composites is a plus
- Knowledge of FMEA, SPC and Six Sigma
- Excellent communication skills as you will collaborate with and coordinate between quality, engineering, and manufacturing teams based in Europe, US, and Asia
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence is a plus
- Distinct rider-centric mindset with a high service-orientation
- Excellent English skills are required, German and Mandarin as a plus
- Passion for cycling and the Specialized brand
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward.