Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Want to join a fast-paced team at the forefront of bicycle industry growth? The Sr. Backend Developer (Oracle PL/SQL + EBS) is part of the B2B Team managing, maintaining, and running the retailer-facing e-commerce website. The Sr. Backend Developer is responsible for understanding and improving the backend infrastructure, including work in the database and in creating/maintaining APIs. They are also responsible for creating documentation, writing test scripts, and working with the QA team to test and release the code.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience Oracle EBS, OCI, and OIC. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow SQL/PL-SQL best practices. They will be able to troubleshoot and research problems and issues when they come up. Come join this dynamic and growing team!
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and deploy high-quality code to help
- Understand, support, and improve our development work within our Oracle EBS 12.2.11 modules
- Perform design reviews and make recommendations for improvements
- Provide assistance and coaching to other developers as needed
- Lead and participate in complex projects involving business stakeholders, end users, and others.
- Clearly document your code, providing examples for your APIs, comments in your code, and clear notes on the result.
- Tune your code to be high performing, in addition to effective.
- Work with the QA team to make sure your code is deployed quickly and without introducing bugs.
- Assist in integration testing, acceptance testing, and performance testing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN
- Minimum 8 years of Oracle development experience, using SQL/PL-SQL.
- Strong understanding of EBS modules like Order to Cash, Order Management, Purchasing, Receivables, Inventory A/P, Finance and table structures.
- Expert Oracle database experience.
- Experience using JIRA and working on an Agile/Scrum team.
- Experience with version control using git.
- Ability to troubleshoot complicated issues and resolve them.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both at a technical level with other teammates and at a functional level with business stakeholders.
- A desire to dig in, to figure things out
- A natural inclination to say, "Sure, what else can I do?" or "Why don't I just fix that too while I'm at it?"
- Experience with the following is a bonus:
- Oracle Integration Cloud
- API Development
- React/node applications
Below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in the following locations:
Colorado Base Pay Range: $94,851-$169,602
*At Specialized, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and will depend on your work experience, skills, certification, and location.
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time teammate you are eligible for the following benefits beginning 30 days from date of hire. Benefits include:
- PPO, EPO, HMO Kaiser and HDHP competitive Healthcare benefit plans offered (which include coverage for acupuncture and physical therapy)
- Dental and Vision plan
- Health Savings Account with a company paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- 401(k) Matching up to $5,000 plus company paid retirement plan fees
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Sick, Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Employee discounts and perk program
- Parental Leave
- Specialized bike for new baby
- Education and events reimbursement
For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit: https://benefits.specialized.com
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!