Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. We believe bikes have the power to change lives. The passion we have for sharing our love of bikes with the world can be seen in those who choose to work with us, and the people and organisations we partner with. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.
Location: Remote USA.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive server engineer to help us design, build, test and ship quality software on a frequent basis to our customers.
You'll be joining a busy team of talented engineers, using new and innovative technologies to service our riders and our business stakeholders. We work collaboratively to design, build, test and ship quality software on a regular basis. The role is broad, covering bespoke microservices, authentication and identity management, custom integrations with both internal systems and external systems, and generally providing backend services to our mobile apps and enterprise applications.
Experience in a small, fast-paced environment is crucial - we are light on our feet! Experience or an interest in endurance sports or a related discipline would be great, but not necessary.
In the role you will...
- Develop on our core back end service stack: Serverless, Java, Quarkus, AWS, MySQL, DynamoDB, SpringBoot, JavaEE, WildFly and more...
- Work closely with our web and app engineers to design and engineer solutions
- Work closely with our enterprise application development teams on custom integrations
- Actively drive forward the patterns and practices of the engineering team
- Ship well-designed, tested software on an incremental basis
- Work with our team-mates in the United States, Australia, Switzerland, New Zealand, and Asia.
To be successful in the role, you’ll need a few of the following...
- 5+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Experience using Java technologies and frameworks – J2EE and/or Spring
- Experience designing and building RESTful services
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud service
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong design and development skills
- Experience working in an agile and collaborative DevOps environment
Even better if you have...
- Experience with some of our other stacks; Go, Ruby or Python.
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture
- Experience developing common libraries/SDKs for re-use by other developers
- A depth of understanding in how to engineer for a serverless environment
- A personal interest in endurance sports and/or cycling - this is a great opportunity to combine personal and professional interests
Some of the perks
Work Perks – work from home / remote work. We will assist with a home office setup. We do have an office in Boulder if you would prefer to be in an office.