Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
We’re seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to support our efforts. Being part of the Global Technology organization, you will report into the Snr Technical Project Manager for the group and use your skills to provide technical project management to global teams across Specialized. You will assist in keeping the teams aligned on and working towards the defined and desired business goals.
Specialized has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture – you’ll need to be curious, innovative, hardworking, and above all collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
How you’ll make a difference
- Meet with business stakeholders to drive alignment and prioritization
- Facilitate prioritization discussions between business & product owners when resource contention is unavoidable.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge technical requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation and continued maintenance.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Organize and lead regularly occurring ticket pointing, sprint planning, and retrospectives for thecore platform team.
- Manageand correctly prioritize multiple cross-functional projects
- Communicate proactively with both the technical and business owners who are relying on the platform services, providing frequent status updates on deliverables and known issues
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Facilitate and further develop the process of taking feature requests from business and product development teams, andensuring requirements and dependencies are identified and well documented
What you need to win
- 5+ years TPM experience with cloud based systems (PaaS, SaaS, managed services), including development work and interactions with customers
- Knowledgeable in technical concepts, systems and practices
- Experience working with onsite and remote Product Managers, Designers and Engineering teams to deliver key company initiatives
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in a work environment that is fast paced with shifting priorities
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Deep understanding of Agile product development processes
- A natural communicator who leads through influence, not authority
- Motivated to provide an inclusive and psychologically safe environment for our diverse team to collaborate, in a timely fashion, towards our shared goals
- Dedicated to personal growth and improving in your craft as a TPM
Even better if you have…
- Experience with custom application server development and database management
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Please note only applicants who have the right to work in Australia should apply for this role.
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.