Specialized is seeking a Senior Design Engineer to strengthen our e-Bike engineering team located in Cham (ZG), Switzerland, to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will join our Turbo development team, designing significant and innovative products that inspire cyclists and set the future industry standards. In collaboration with industrial designers, product managers and respective fields specialists, you will be engineering e-bikes frames (from alloy city e-bike to composite full suspension e-MTB) together with their peripheral plastic parts and other components.
How you’ll make a difference
- Bring an innovative mentality to deliver concepts and designs that raise the performance and relevance of our new products to riders around the planet
- Deliver all assigned projects to a production-ready state; One or more major projects will be assigned each year, depending on project scope
- Lead all technical aspects of the project from concept to production and coordinate our team of experts around the globe (R&D, design and manufacturing engineers, industrial design, project managers, etc.)
- Create 3D and 2D drawings using CREO (Pro/e)
- Iterate product through design revisions, collaborating with testing engineers to ensure product meets performance and quality targets
- Ensure final tooled parts meet design targets, specifications and intended functionality through meticulous verifications and testing
- Keep relevant documentation updated and available in our exchange platforms
- Ability to handle own project management work (including PLM tasks) for projects as assigned
- Travel to Asia, working closely with our manufacturing partners as needed, approximately 2 - 3 trips per year
- Work with the global engineering leadership to help improve processes and strengthen our Engineering Team
What you need to win
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 4 to 8 years of advanced bike engineering experience
- Proficiency in CREO (Pro/e) surfacing features, 2D drawing module, GD&T tools and associated PLM systems (preferably Agile or Windchill)
- Excellent organization and task management skills, ability to balance and prioritize multiple objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Natural problem-solving ability and superb attention to detail
- Outstanding spoken and written communication in English with the ability to efficiently connect with international team members
- Experience working within an international organization and a global supply chain and an ability to regularly travel (2-3 trips/year)
- Profound IT user knowledge (MS Office, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence is a plus
- Bike and machine shop skills
- Passionate cyclist
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
At Specialized, innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages discover the joy of riding a bike, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future. We believe that bikes have the power to change lives, and serve as a powerful weapon against climate change. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.