Do you have a passion for technology? Are you driven to continuously improve processes and systems? Is working with a global team that is pushing to create the best products out there your dream? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, then we want to talk to you!
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.
We are searching for a Jr. System Administrator to join our team in the EMEA region! At Specialized, we consider the Global Technology team an essential part of creating the best bikes in the world. As a Jr. System Administrator you’ll be responsible for making sure that our teammates are successful by providing them with the tools, technology, and support necessary for them to be successful. You’ll need a broad skill set and passion for technology to be successful. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping our teammates productive, but you’ll also spend time working with the global team on our strategic objectives around modernization, automation, and collaboration.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Collaborate with and actively build relationships with our teammates
- Plan, prioritize and schedule help desk activities to ensure issue are resolved within our service level objectives.
- Analyze help desk activities and develop tools and process improvements to optimize/automate service and teammate performance.
- Help enable our team to succeed by keeping laptops, desktops, and servers in optimum working order.
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process.
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement.
- Work with the team on determining and applying standards, on both technical and process level.
- Take ownership and make sure our users work with the best and latest available on the market.
- Perform site audits and proactively identify technology that needs to be modernized or upgraded.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN
- 3+ years of experience in PC and Mac Desktop Support or previous help desk experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and all its roles/features.
- Experience in administering Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- A go-getter attitude and the belief that we can always be improving.
- Proactive approach to identifying areas that could be automated.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without an onsite team.
- Anti-Virus experience and Virus removal is a must.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (PC and Mac), Windows, macOS, iOS experience essential.
- Ability to troubleshoot network port and wireless connectivity issues.
- Audio/Video experience.
- You work in an international team so therefore excellent written and spoken communication skills in English is mandatory. Other European languages are an advantage.
- A practical, proactive approach, as well as strong analytic and communication skills.
- Passion for cycling or outdoor sports is a plus.
- You are living near our office in Holzkirchen, Germany.
What we offer
You’ll be working in a passionate, dynamic, and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, gym, social security, and many other benefits. Of course, we love to welcome you to our office in Arnhem to fully train you. Next to that we also offer the possibility for hybrid working if your job allows this.
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedalling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!