Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
You will be expected to work closely with the backend teams to assist in identifying and defining the required REST endpoints to best serve the web applications. You will often work without a dedicated designer, and it is important that you can work independently and apply best practice and consistent designs to the screens you develop. You will need to lead by example and demonstrate to others how our best practices and target architecture can be adopted and used. It is important to stay up to date on best practices, and to actively communicate these through to the team
Experience in a small, fast paced environment is crucial – we are light on our feet!
How you’ll make a difference
- Design new solutions and develop on our preferred web application stacks: Angular (single page applications with REST backend services).
- Develop and maintain existing solutions on our legacy server/cloud stacks (Angular JS, React).
- Significantly contribute to our target architecture discussions and continue to drive forward the patterns and best practices of the development team.
- Collaborate with platform leads, architects and DevOps staff to ensure that what is developed meets an agreed design, and it can be built, tested and deployed in a reliable, scalable, secure, responsive and maintainable manner.
- Work with other Specialized development teams, including platform and mobile, to design and develop complimentary solutions
- Work with other Specialized product and project managers, and business stakeholders to document requirements and communicate deliverables.
- Participate in the on-call roster as needed
- Follow the Agile development processes and methodology as set by the Software Development Manager
What you need to win
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 8+ years of software development in single page web application development (Angular, AngularJS, React)
- 3+ years of creating visual designs and/or wireframes
- Experience with developing and documenting UI/UX style guides
- Experience working with backend development teams on defining REST APIs
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud service
- Experience working on or with DevOps teams, managing deployment pipelines, integration testing and monitoring
- Experience using Maven and Git
- Strong design and development skills
- Experience working in an agile environment (inc Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Experience with some of our other stacks; Go, php, node, python, Ruby, mobile, web and more….
Even better if you have…
- Bachelor university degree in computer science or engineering discipline
- AWS certifications
- Agile / Scrum certifications
- Experience or an interest in endurance sports of a related discipline
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.