Sales Assistant - Crank it Cycles
Specialized was founded on performance and is fuelled by innovation. Our focus on the rider and their needs is our driving force. From seasoned pros to weekend warriors, to kids and commuters—if you ride, we’re for you.
We believe cycling has the power to change lives. The passion we have for sharing our love of bikes with the world can be seen in those who choose to work with us, and the people and organisations we partner with. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedalling the planet forward.
We are looking for a Sales Assistant to join our team at Crank It Cycles in Palmerston North. The Sales Assistant is the star on the front line working directly with our riders to deliver exceptional service and rider satisfaction. We are on the hunt for a driven individual who either has experience within the industry or is looking to learn and expand their skills. If you enjoy working in a team environment, are passionate about bikes and want to be part of our goal to get more people out riding we want to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver world class rider-service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of rider satisfaction
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking questions, and listening to riders' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the rider to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the team, Specialized, and the purchase process
- Delivering transformative, inclusive, ride-focused, locally authentic, and collaborative experiences for staff and riders alike inside and out, c/o the Specialized Retail Way
- Assist in ensuring that visual merchandising standards are met and maintained, restocking as needed, ensuring product presentation areas remain clean and organised
- Receiving new product and inventory management
- Cycle counting and inventory reconciliation
- Store transfers tracking and transporting
- Tracking and assisting webstore sales and coordination of delivery
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light cleaning duty
- Use company literature/resources and available training to stay current on product features
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Passion for cycling and the Specialized brand
- A current or former retail employee with 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Excellent communication with the ability to effectively interact with riders and team members
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Ability to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching
- Able to lift at least 25kg or more and use proper lifting skills
- Social media experience beneficial
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
A chance to be on the inside of one of the world's most iconic, exciting and innovative bicycle brands.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include a cover letter as part of your application.
Please note only applicants who have the right to work in New Zealand should apply for this role.
For more information about Specialized see our careers page Careers | Specialized.com