Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
“A number ninja with a passion for progress”
Are you an expert accountant who is eager to be a part of a fast-growing global team? Do you enjoy constantly being challenged? Do you enjoy the thrill of meeting deadlines? Do you get jazzed up about talking Specialized with fellow brand-fans? If you were able to answer “yes” to any of these questions, we want to talk to you!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards and determine the impact on the Company and lead cross-functional implementation of new accounting standards
- Prepare memos for Auditors and own the preparation of the annual Disclosure Checklist, Notes to Financial Statements and respond to other technical inquiries from the Auditors
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with contemplated business transactions
- Assist in the preparation and review of corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare analyses of data and support for technical matters with agility and present findings and challenges timely for evaluation
- Participate in both formal and informal reviews with business units to ensure financial statement disclosures are complete and accurate
- Assist in the evaluation, update and maintenance of key controls over financial reporting and the related key reports
- Assist with special projects as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- CPA required, Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP as well as the ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and influence people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passion for excellence
TELL ME MORE
- Based in Morgan Hill, CA or Remote
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount. For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit benefits.specialized.com
- Dog friendly offices
- Travel to events may occasionally be required
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth, and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!