In this position, you will work in our Manufacturing Engineering team collaborating with design engineers, product managers, our test labs, and suppliers. You will take responsibility for projects and assist senior level engineers to gain experience in many aspects of our engineering development process.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Engineer meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists & lead the industry.
- Team collaboration with engineers, designers, product managers, developers, graphic designers, and supply chain.
- Brainstorming new concepts and ideas for our products & work to gain insight for the needs of all riders.
- Project/ Component Development
- Manage manufacturing development of assigned projects from sourcing to final production approval.
- Monitor first prototype assembly to ensure that all parts assemble properly and have sufficient clearance for correct operation and document all production steps and processes.
- Complete all documentation as required for the new product introduction (NPI) process;
- Ensure the final assembled product is within tolerance of the 2D drawings. Complete all document updates for production before pilot.
- Manufacturing Development and Process Improvement
- Work with suppliers to review manufacturing processes to ensure the highest sample and production quality and consistency are achieved.
- Establish best practices in manufacturing at chosen suppliers to increase throughput and quality of product.
- Complete control plans for all parts to ensure manufacturing requirements are documented and part meets drawings.
- As required design fixtures and gauges using Creo 3D and 2D to support projects.
- Research advanced technology and process to support new project requirements.
- Be responsible for quality and technical issues throughout development, providing root cause analysis with proposals for solutions and improvement.
- Be an agent of change for continuous improvement both internally at SBC and externally at supplier side.
- Survey and audit all supplier quality controls ensuring they are following project requirements and supplier standards.
- Engineering Team Continuous Improvement:
- Work with engineering team to improve & document new processes and make our engineering team stronger.
- Work on finding root causes of field return problems &/or manufacturing issues and suggest product improvements.
- Check /solve & troubleshoot fit ; strength and function of prototype products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with Pro Engineer (Creo) or similar skill
- Proven project management skills
- Experience with components development; forging, tube manipulation, welding and brazing are preferred.
- A background in the field of electronics and electronic motors is a plus.
- Experience in field of 3D/2D measurement; GD&T background are preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese are very important for working in our fast-paced environment.