Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
Are you excited by the idea of designing the next big innovation in the bike industry? Do you love learning how things work and how to make them better? Do you have strong engineering design and problem-solving skills? Are you looking for the next challenge Are you passionate about mentoring younger engineers? If you were able to answer yes to these questions, then we want to talk with you!
We are searching for a highly skilled individual to join our team as a Senior Design Engineer! We at Specialized are at the forefront of bicycle design and innovation. We are looking for an engineer with design experience in the bike industry who can join our team and bring the next big concepts to reality.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Take the weight/stiffness/cost/other targets from Product Managers and design inspiration from Industrial Designers to create new bicycles
- Design (3D and 2D) complex tubing, forgings, castings, stampings, etc. for frames, forks, multi-part assemblies, and bicycle components that meet project requirements while being manufacturable at large scales
- Ideate, prototype, and iterate through new design concepts to confirm they meet fit/form/function and manufacturability requirements before going to tooling
- Work closely with manufacturing to make sure parts and frames received from suppliers meet expectations
- Organize frame/fork/component test samples to ensure all products meet testing requirements and actively predict possible additional testing that is necessary to validate the design
- Manage all technical manufacturing issues, test failures, field test, and component issues, then perform root cause analysis, and work with manufacturing and quality teams to implement robust solutions
- Take full ownership of the new product implementation process to deliver the right product, at the right quality, at the right time
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise with engineering teammates and mentor younger engineers to grow the skills on the team
- Review and oversee the design work of engineers checking form/fit/function, manufacturability, and quality
- Look for ways to improve the internal processes at Specialized to make them more efficient
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in design and/or manufacturing engineering or 7+ years of bike frame design and/or manufacturing experience
- 3D/2D CAD Experience – specifically complex surface modeling (Creo - Pro Engineer preferred)
- Strong fundamentals in engineering design and problem solving (stress analysis, material selection, GD&T, tolerance stack analysis, etc)
- Experience with forging, tube manipulation, welding and brazing are preferred
- Proven project management skills
- Team focused attitude and a wiliness to share and mentor other engineers
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese are very important for working in our fast-paced environment
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!