Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager to strengthen our Design Engineering Team in Taichung, Taiwan. In this role you will be leading a team of mechanical engineers that partners with other design and engineering departments to engineer bike frames and other innovative components and products that inspire cyclists and lead the industry. In collaboration with project managers, industrial designers, product managers, quality, and other engineering leaders, you will provide strong leadership to the engineering team.
How you’ll make a difference
- Bring an innovative approach to help make new products more relevant and valuable for our customers.
- Lead, manage and develop the Taiwan Design Engineering, comprised of engineers with various degrees of experience and backgrounds.
- Coach, mentor and motivate your team members. Empower their growth and influence them to take positive action and be accountable for their work.
- Oversee and be responsible for the validation of all aspects of the team’s work from concept to production.
- Establish effective lines of communication and feedback with Industrial Design, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality to ensure right first-time products and prompt attention and resolution of issues.
- Work with leaders from other functions to identify and fix gaps in our way of working or create efficient process where none exists.
- Drive engineering excellence within the team. Contribute to establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Approve 3D and 2D drawings using CREO (Pro/e) CAD software when needed.
- Identify areas of improvement and lead process change and development
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
What You Need to Win
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with 10 years + of progressively more advanced product engineering experience.
- 3+ years’ experience successfully leading and directly managing a team of mechanical engineers.
- Extensive experience in design engineering and commercialization of complex mechanical parts and systems.
- Strong knowledge of design and manufacturing processes of composite, alloy, and plastic parts.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple cultures and time zones.
- Analytical thinking with ability to see the big picture as well as the details.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Natural problem-solving ability and superb attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to keep teams motivated, focused, and moving forward towards overall goals.
- Strong time management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with CAD software – preferably CREO (Pro/e).
- Experience in 2D drawing and GD&T.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence and Agile product lifecycle management tools is a plus.
- Experience working with international cultures and factories.
- Knowledge of electric drive systems a plus.
- A passion for cycling.
TELL ME MORE
- Based in Taiwan
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount. For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit benefits.specialized.com
- Travel required
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!