Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
The Global Active PR Manager will develop the communications strategy, messaging and materials, execution, and reporting for the Active categories (Kids, Turbo, Active) at Specialized, creating consistency and building momentum for earned storytelling in partnership with our worldwide markets.
The Active PR Manager will report to the Global Leader of PR & Media Relations, with daily and direct support to the Active Marketing Team. As a global team, we’ll continue to evaluate new ways to build awareness and create momentum for Specialized as a brand among press and influencers in close partnership with the markets.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Define the overarching strategy for global within the Active space (Turbo Active and Kids).
- Define direction of press strategy while bringing other key category stakeholders along to build consensus. This includes our general approach, the assets we deliver, global press events, and reviews – all with an eye on progressing how global supports worldwide storytelling.
- Develop and work with press contacts within the US market that are key to success for the category.
- Define the global media strategy project by project; work with markets to ensure we’re setting goals and progressing our earned opportunity with our core enthusiast media.
- Develop and implement a global measurement strategy for reporting to create stronger accountability to KPIs and ultimately grow our earned media opportunity.
- Follow key trends and formulate press opportunities that are aligned to current global conversations to stay relevant in critical spaces. (i.e. e-mobility, sustainability within Turbo, etc.)
- Own the relationship between Global Marketing and the PR leaders in market to ensure PR is supporting the key focus areas globally.
- Manage relationship with PR agency partner and utilize them to build strategies and land large compelling stories.
- Keen sense of the larger brand narrative to support the growth of the Turbo Active business among tech, business, and lifestyle media.
Partnership / Key Stakeholder on:
- Partner with product teams to create compelling stories that deliver on new product and support our brand narrative/opportunity.
- Partner with Marketing leads on to drive consistency, set goals, and continue to grow with the rising demand.
- Define global top target media ownership in partnership with US team; own defined relationships.
- Ideate against trending storylines to grow our brand storytelling opportunity within mainstream media.
- Collaborate with Active Marketing team to organize assets to deliver to markets and global media on new product launches.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (PR, Communications, etc.)
- 5+ years of PR experience and Media Relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns
- Atlassian program experience is a plus
TELL ME MORE
- Based in United States, Remote
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount. For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit benefits.specialized.com
- Dog friendly offices
- Travel to events may occasionally be required
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!