Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
The Quality Assurance Engineering Automation Lead (also referred to as Lead Software Development Engineer in Test) is part of the Digital Products - Specialized.com team under Digital managing, maintaining, and running the consumer facing brand website (S.com). This individual is expected to perform a test automation engineering role, apply a variety of automation techniques based on their experience and standard methodologies, to create automated tests that deliver value to our clients. They will extend test automation frameworks. They must collaborate with developers and other partners to define and achieve successful delivery of our products and services. Lead SDETs will be the senior member of squads of SDETs, providing coaching and guidance to more junior SDETs and working closely with Test Manager. They will be responsible for ensuring PRs pull requests for automation scripts are validated and approved in a timely manner. Communication with manual testing team, updating of automated tests and reporting on sprint updates. The Lead SDET will also be responsible for the daily scrum ceremonies. A Lead SDET will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with a focus on quality, communication and collaboration.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications, ideally in the eCommerce industry. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices, yet know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable. They must have strong technical skills which will be used to not only find, but troubleshoot and research problems and issues when they come up. They will understand the benefits of test automation and will have been part of a team that has successfully used it in the past.
How you will make a difference
- Expert in the use of test automation frameworks(DDT, KDT, MBT, BDD, Hybrid) and tools.
- Expert in ETL & CI Tools: ETL - SSIS, Informatica Power Center | CI - Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS.
- Delivery of automated functional and regression tests that support the needs of the client.
- Coach and support the SDETs in their squad.
- Ability to write high quality object oriented code.
- To be strong in Agile development practices including ATDD, TDD, BDD and their application.
- Gather test data and effectively communicate results to the broader team
- Strong communication skills demonstrating their ability to collaborate with not only other QA people but with developers, project managers and various levels of management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time - prioritizing their daily work to meet the needs of the projects.
- Personable, approachable, willing to help others, able to work under minimal supervision and not easily distracted from their tasks.
- Contribute to RD initiatives
What you'll need to win
- Minimum 3-4 years of Lead SDET experience.
- Minimum 4-5 years of software development and testing with hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools.
- Extensive experience with Selenium, Selenium Web Driver and Apache libraries a must, knowledge in Katalon Studio is a plus.
- Experience in using the Xpath, CSS Selector for identifying the UI objects.
- Extensive experience working with Databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Expertise in testing SOA with Restful/SOAP Web Services. Both internal and third party API testing using Postman and Soap UI.
- Good Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM, CI, and CD Process using Maven/Jenkins.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both black-box and white-box testing techniques
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, and JIRA Service Desk
- Solid understanding of a SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile team
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent test resource planning and test scheduling skills
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases
- Familiarity with source code, version management, and code deployment standards
- High level understanding of design/development methodologies and project management concepts
- Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills
[TELL ME MORE
- Based in Remote, USA
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount. For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit benefits.specialized.com
- Dog friendly offices
- Travel to events may occasionally be required
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!