Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
At Specialized we’re serious about providing high-impact, low-friction, technology solutions so that we can build the best bikes in the world and deliver an exceptional rider experience. We’re seeking an experienced Platform Engineer able to step into the role of being the glue between systems and teams. This role isn’t a pure devops role, nor a pure engineering role - we’re looking for someone who can bridge the two, someone with solid engineering skills, scripting skills and plenty of experience in the cloud. Exceptional communication skills will be required to work with our remote, globally distributed development teams and business representatives. Specialized has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture – you’ll need to be curious, innovative, hardworking, and above all collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
We’re looking for a teammate with experience across a number of technologies, languages and environments, able to step into the role of being the glue between systems and teams. You'll be joining a busy team of talented engineers, distributed across the world, working on the edge of innovation in the cycling industry. We work collaboratively to design, build, test and ship quality software on a regular basis to our riders. We have offices in Morgan Hill and Boulder, and remote team-mates in Oregon, Texas and San Diego.
How you'll make an impact:
- Giles solve problems
- Work closely with our DevOps team to develop and deploy maintainable and well supported systems
- Write Postman integration and monitoring test suites
- Plug holes, and fill cracks
- Participate in shaping and defining the patterns and practices of the engineering team
- Ship well-designed, tested software on an incremental basis
- Work with our team-mates in Australia, Switzerland, Netherlands, Asia and China.
How you'll win:
- 8+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Solid understanding and extensive experience with AWS
- Experience maintaining and monitoring microservices in a production environment
- Good knowledge of scripting languages, including but not limited to Go, Python, shell etc…
- Experience building restful services
- Experience building event driven and asynchronous systems
- Experience with relational and or nosql databases, including data migrations and interacting with large datasets
- Strong design and development skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
How you can stand out:
- Experience with some of our other stacks; php, node, ruby, python and more….
- Experience with Klaviyo or Sendgrid
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- A depth of understanding in how to engineer for a serverless environment
- A personal interest in cycling - this is a great opportunity to combine personal and professional interests
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!