Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Business Systems Analyst, Financial Retail Applications
Are you a perfectionist with experience in combining applications, business policies, and System architecture? Do you enjoy taking ownership of projects and driving them to completion? Do you love finding creative solutions to problems? If you answered "yes" to these questions then we want to talk to you!
Specialized is seeking a motivated and talented Business Systems Analyst to join our Global Technology team in Morgan Hill, CA. In this role you will be reporting to the Senior Technical Program Manager on the Global Technology team and will be part of the core team responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the financial platforms for Owned Retail and related technologies. The role will work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet the business’s requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. To be successful in this role you must be comfortable wearing many hats and learning on the job! Technical experience and strong communication skills are also a must. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of best-of-class technologies and help accelerate the growth of our Owned Retail platforms.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Collaborate with Business Leaders and Technical teams to design solutions within the Owned Retail financial platforms and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
- Analyze functional and non-functional business requirements to create technical designs, data models, use cases, supportive analytics, gap analysis, project impact estimations, and deliver efficient enterprise application solutions for both standard and custom configurations
- Lead and manage the project from the discovery requirement phase until User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and go-live
- Assist with QA process to verify functional components match up to the expected outcome
- Establish and maintain productive and respectful relationships with other internal business and technology teams.
- Contribute to process documentation and training materials of new features, customized implementations and existing features
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed business systems and processes to implement improvements and opportunities that meet business unit objectives in large to enterprise-wide processes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Experience with agile methodologies within JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Technical Writing for ticket creation among development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; technical writing experience is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to learn from teammates, analyze past projects and advise Leadership on how our systems can be improved using reusable or new technical solutions
- Confidence in debugging and solutioning challenges during complex implementations
- Strong self-initiative, interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to quickly synthesize new ideas and concepts
- An ability to gauge your audience and adjust your communication style to work effectively with all types of personalities
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst supporting Finance for a high growth technology company
WAYS TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Self-starter that sees problems, potential solutions, and is not afraid to step in and start working.
- Experience analyzing data and creating reports with database query experience, statistical and quantitative modeling (SQL & Tableau a plus)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- You are a passionate perfectionist with an ever positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to continue learning new skills
- Experience with ERP systems like Oracle a plus
- Experience with Change Management to create plans that result in greater acceptance and adoption of new systems and processes
- You'll be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys a challenge and celebrates success.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!