Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
But we can’t do it without you. Specialized is looking to hire a Director of Market Development.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Drive success by developing sales results by implementing structure, strategy, and policies with your team
- Partner with cross-functional teams to finalize sales forecasts, revise selling prices, establish and track yearly expense budgets and develop advertising/promo programs
- Develop brand awareness by contacting key accounts and prospects to establish relationships
- Report on progress and collaborate with leadership on how to overcome road blocks
- Maintain control of salary, commission programs, and sales incentives for your team
- Provide leadership, training, and continual guidance for each team member
- Coach your team to succeed by developing their talent through education
- Collaborate to identify the areas of blocked business and develop strategy to optimize the business
- Develop individualized account management approaches for each teammate and communicate various goals to measure success – revenue, calls per day, merchandising, product penetration, etc.
- Travel regularly within assigned territories to stay informed of field conditions and competitors’ activities
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Direct sales experience in a wholesale distribution environment with knowledge of a specialty sports industry, including 3+ years of sales leadership
- Track-record of creating innovative strategies that maximize sales, profitability and service, while aligning with overarching branding and goals
- Stellar negotiation skills with a proven sales ability
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to find creative solutions
- Strong organization and time-management skills, with the capability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- You’re a people-person with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility for frequent overnight travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing preferred
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives for the better. We are a culture of barrier-breakers, but we need your unique ideas and backgrounds to help us push boundaries and change the world. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who can contribute to our mission of getting people outside. Regardless of your qualifications, if you think this could be you and you're ready to make a difference, please apply! We hope that you will reach out and show us how you can make an impact here.