Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
The Digital Commerce Lead will be a transformational Leader who is responsible for developing, managing, driving and leading the E-Commerce business for the Germanic Markets.
Digital Commerce is a key channel for Specialized and as we transform our business into a modern Omnichannel eco-system, the importance to serve our riders where, when and how they want is paramount. The Digital Commerce Lead will develop a powerful E-Commerce strategy, build the structures and processes to succeed and bring the strategy to life, delivering against ambitious operational and financial KPIs.
How you'll make a difference
- Develop and lead the Digital Commerce Team
- Set the direction for business / department processes and practices and ensure that all initiatives are aligned with regional and local business objectives
- Own the responsibility for all Digital Commerce channels, financial and operational KPIs (Sales, Revenue, Margin %, Contribution, Product Availability, OOS rate, transaction metrics, etc.)
- Develop a robust E-Commerce strategy and translate it into actionable business plans
- Manage execution of global and regional strategies, while leveraging market insights and metrics to influence market specific changes, adjustments and recommendations
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional experts to ensure Digital Commerce is a fully integrated channel as part of a seamless Specialized eco-system
- Prepare forecasts, budgets, sales plans other projections to ensure alignment of priorities and resources within the Germanic Markets overall strategy
- Monitor Digital Commerce trends in the market and ensure constant evolution of the function to obtain competitive advantage
- Manage the implementation of sales- and brand initiatives
- Lead and inspire the team to achieve business goals through setting clear and measurable goals
- Develop talent and own career path and succession plan for entire function
- Location: our Head Office is in Holzkirchen, Bavaria, however our dynamic approach to work means you may spend up to 2 days a week working from home and enjoy 30 vacation days to provide a great work life balance.
What you need to win
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in digital commerce
- German language fluency is absolutely necessary to perform the role
- Sports-, outdoor, consumer goods industry experience with focus on retail, multichannel, digital
- Extensive knowledge of E-Commerce incl. web/internet sales, marketing techniques, order fulfillment strategies, market research, analysis, media marketing and communications
- Change Agent that is capable and motivated to anticipate future trends and incorporate them into strategic planning
- Comfortable with rapid evolution of technology and excited to embark on a journey of continuous self improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate strategic thinking ability and ability to navigate strategic challenges
- Ability to think creatively, analyze data and build fact-based rationales while facing ambiguity and uncertainty
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm for cycling
- Strong work ethic and intense focus on achieving results
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.