Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Sr System Admin / Network Engineer – Arnhem
Specialized Network Operations team is seeking an experienced Engineer, preferably located in The Netherlands, to help secure the infrastructure that connects 50 global locations. You will be responsible for building, implementing and operationally supporting network tasks throughout our network. You will be part of the Global Technology Team managing, maintaining, and running the business from a technology perspective. You will need extensive experience administering enterprise infrastructure and cloud networks. The ideal candidate has excellent written and communication skills in English and demonstrates administration of enterprise networks along with security and troubleshooting skills. You must be able to work well independently as well as interacting with end users and project leads to provide technical recommendations, development scoping (e.g., level-of-effort analysis) and assist in producing technical and business requirements.
This is a hybrid position. We would like the person to come in the office 3+ days per week.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Knowledge of network protocols, software security, threats, vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies, and other information to build a security environment that reduces and mitigates risk.
- Serve as a core member of the Specialized Network Operations team performing varying network duties including monitoring network health, responding to security incidents and participating in global project teams.
- Network administration and configuration.
- Promote a strong security culture through technical security awareness.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN:
- MBO+ or HBO degree.
- CCNA/CCNP certification is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years working experience with enterprise infrastructure and cloud network.
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, computer networking, routing, and switching, SD-WAN, Wi-Fi), and Unix based systems.
- Strong understanding of host and network-based access controls.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure (Windows server and its features, Azure Cloud).
- Knowledge of IT Security (vulnerabilities, exploits, phishing, security tools).
- Development experience in at least one programming tool is a win (Python, go, etc.).
- You work in an international team so therefore excellent written and spoken communication skills in English is mandatory. Other European languages are an advantage.
- A practical, proactive approach, as well as strong analytic and communication skills.
- Passion for cycling or outdoor sports is a plus.
WAYS TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD ()
- Self-starter that sees problems, potential solutions, and is not afraid to step in and start working.
- You'll be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys a challenge and celebrates success.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
You get to work in a passionate, dynamic, and multicultural team in an innovative and growing company. At Specialized we work in a modern office and work environment at the Arnhems Buiten Energy Business Park. With a full-time 40-hour work week with a dynamic working policy, it is possible to start between 7-10 am and to work from home one day a week. For working from home, you will receive a remote work allowance. Travel expenses will be reimbursed according to our travel expenses policy, whereby a Public Transport- business card is one of the options. From Central Station, bus line 51 or 352 stops in front of the park entrance. Of course, we prefer to see you come to work by bike! That's convenient, because we offer very favourable employee benefits for the purchase of a Specialized bike and/or Specialized accessories.
26 annual vacation days with full-time employment, a good pension plan and additional (WIA/WGA) insurances are also part of our benefits package.
We love a healthy lifestyle, so we like to exercise at lunch time. This can be done by joining our famous lunch ride, go on a lunch run, use our indoor gym, or go for a lovely walk across the park. After all the exertion there is, of course, a good shower facility available, so you can get back to work refreshed completely.
Furthermore, we have fresh fruit and a good cup of coffee or tea available daily. On the Arnhems Buiten Business Park you can also visit the restaurant (De Kookplaats), which is located between our office facilities. At Specialized, we think it’s important to undertake activities together as a team and we do so regularly.
Does it appeal to you to become part of our Specialized culture and Specialized team? And are you as curious about us as we are about you?
We look forward to receiving your motivation and resume.
#Pedal the planet forward
#Enjoy the ride
#Come ride with us
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.