You are a skilled, motivated and innovative engineer who would love to help us design and test concepts? You want to join a dynamic team of other talented engineers to be part of the latest innovations in the sports-tech-world? You enjoy working in a startup and fast-paced environment and you are crazy about outdoor sport? If you can answer all these questions with a yes we want to talk to you!
To strengthen our team located in Cham (ZG), Switzerland, we are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to commence immediately or by agreement.
How you’ll make a difference
- Design and develop components of highly complex mechanical or electromechanical systems
- Brainstorm and collaborate with other teammates to solve the hardest problems with innovative solutions that can be manufactured
- Work closely with project team members including Industrial Design, Project Management, Product Management, and other Engineers to ensure your projects have a successful outcome
- Own and execute projects from concept to production, including rapid prototyping, 3D modeling, 2D drawings, structural calculations, sample fabrication, validation, etc.
- Accept that sometimes hard decisions need to be made even if you personally would decide differently
- Participate in continuous improvement of our systems and processes to help drive efficiency and innovation
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 3+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Strong design and development skills with a first-principles engineering approach
- Fast 3D modeler, highly preferred using CREO (Pro/E)
- Very good bicycle tech knowledge and a passion for e-bikes
- Basic electronic knowledge is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and hands on mentality rounded by a high level of creativity
- Clear communicator, verbally and in documentations
- Ability to think ahead and foresee consequence
- Ability/flexibility to work in an international environment and different time zones
- Willingness to travel internationally (US, Asia, Europe)
- Excellent English skills, German a plus
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
At Specialized, innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages discover the joy of riding a bike, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future. We believe that bikes have the power to change lives, and serve as a powerful weapon against climate change. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.