Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER : BIKES
Are you a passionate creative that thrives on obsessing the details and finding the perfect balance of form and function? Are you someone that is driven by curiosity and always looking for new solutions to ongoing problems? Do you enjoy working cross functionally to redefine an entire product industry through design and innovation? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
We are searching for an all-star creative talent to join our team as Industrial Designer! This individual will work cross functionally with a product team of Product Managers, Engineers, Industrial Designers, Graphic Designers and outside vendors to design and develop innovative world class bikes.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Collaborate closely with cross category design team members and product owners to deliver compelling design solutions for all bikes across the road, mountain and active bike categories.
- Unify and progress product design language across the bike line while respecting the unique needs to each individual product positioning and rider experience.
- Edit and refine products throughout the creation, development, and production process to achieve brand and business objectives.
- Create clear design documents and handmade prototypes that visually communicate and articulate your design inspiration, concept and intent. Successfully share and present each idea to key stakeholders for cross functional alignment and buy in.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative approach welcomes feedback and successfully implements into your design work throughout the process.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- BFA or BSID from accredited Industrial Design program
- 2-5 years of experience in product development and/or Industrial Design-related field
- Experience within Bicycle industry is preferred.
- An online portfolio with specific examples of high-quality design work
- Display and prove Specialized core competencies including curiosity, humility, team-focus, passion, collaboration and ownership
- ID Model shop skills: ability to quickly mock-up concepts, prototypes, and high-quality finished appearance models
- Proficiency with 2d & 3d rendering software to quickly create photo realistic imagery (Photoshop, Illustrator, Keyshot)
- Proficiency with 3d CAD & advanced surface modeling software; PTC Creo / ProE / ISDX is strongly preferred
- Exceptional visual communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design POV
- Ability to hit stringent deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Love bicycles
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!