Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
CONCEPT DESIGNER : BIKE GRAPHICS
Are you a highly conceptual graphic designer with a strong understanding and passion for footwear and helmets? Are you someone that obsesses everything from high-level concepts to the smallest of details and product executions? Does your work create both conversation and controversy? Do you enjoy using color, graphics and finish technique to support a larger narrative and help amplify a products full potential? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a highly talented Concept Designer : Graphics to join our cross functional team of product designers, engineers, and product managers to drive world-class color and graphic design for cutting-edge bikes. This role influences multiple categories and helps to drive the future visual of the cycling industry.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Collaborate closely with cross category design team members and product owners to deliver compelling design solutions for all bike and professional team visuals and special projects.
- Inject a modernized and youthful perspective to the use of all color, graphics and paint technique.
- Edit and refine products throughout the creation, development, and production process to achieve brand and business objectives.
- Create clear design documents that visually communicate and articulate your design inspiration, concept and intent. Successfully share and present each idea to key stakeholders for cross functional alignment and buy in.
- Demonstrate a strong collaborative approach that welcomes feedback and successfully implements into your design work throughout the process.
- Create, develop, and execute designs from concept to final approval.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- BFA in a Graphic Design or similar.
- 2-6 years of experience in on product color/graphic concepting and execution.
- Experience within Bicycle industry is preferred.
- An online portfolio with specific examples of high-quality design work
- Strong skillset in both illustrative and digital design technique.
- Display and prove Specialized core competencies including curiosity, humility, team-focus, passion, collaboration and ownership
- Advanced Adobe Creative Cloud user, with a focus on Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Exceptional visual communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design POV
- Ability to hit stringent deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Love bicycles
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!