We are seeking an experienced Design & Validation Engineer to join our Turbo e-bike Quality team as soon as possible or by agreement to deliver the absolute best cycling experience to Specialized riders around the world. In this role, you will be directly responsible for the development and validation process for the new e-bike drive units. You will work, in partnership with our system engineering team, directly with the suppliers supporting the development and manufacturing process by identifying and managing risks. You will ensure that work performed by our suppliers is executed at a consistently high level and stands up to the requirements of the world’s best cycling brand.
The home base of this role will be in our Cham (ZG), Switzerland innovation center.
How you will make a difference
- Lead the New Product Introduction process for eDrive units
- Support the eDrive unit specification definition
- Support the suppliers’ Risk Assessment and conduct internal specific design reviews
- Ensure lessons learnt from previous projects are applied to new ones
- Own the Product validation
- Define the validation plan for the specific motor to ensure the design requirements are met
- Support the definition of the eDrive unit test plan and own the actions derived from it
- Define and optimize the field test plan to complete the field validation
- Review the validation after completion to implement learnings in the next design phase
- Support the entire lifecycle
- Evaluate the performance of the units undergoing field testing and the ones released in the field
- Provide support for key issue resolution
- Actively lead risk assessment and validation for running changes of eDrive units already in production
What you need to win
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical, Mechatronic Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in drive unit design or mechatronic systems development incl. electric machine, gears, freewheels and clutches
- Experience in the analytics of strength, wear and durability of those components. Specific experience in accelerated aging and/or reliability engineering of gear train systems is a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading design reviews and design risk assessments. DFMEA/PFMEA facilitation experience is a plus
- Basic understanding of noise and vibration related issues as a plus
- Experience with product development and validation methodologies
- Openness and willingness to customize and adapt approach for the bicycle industry
- Ready to work in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, German as a plus
- Passion for cycling, ebikes or outdoor active lifestyle
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
At Specialized, innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages discover the joy of riding a bike, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future. We believe that bikes have the power to change lives, and serve as a powerful weapon against climate change. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.