Do you love building relationships within the cycling industry? Are you energized by working on fast-paced and fun projects? Can you navigate ambiguity and conflict? Would you love to join an innovative brand and a talented team in bringing the best products to our riders? If you answered "yes" to these questions then we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a Social and Environmental Responsibility Manager to join our industry-leading team! Specialized is more than just a bike company. We are a company filled with passionate cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts who are dedicated to innovation, environmental advocacy, and creating bikes & equipment (shoes, saddles, helmets, apparel, etc.) for every kind of rider. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, fast paced, and passionate culture and make a significant difference in the cycling community with amazing products that cyclists love.
As a Social and Environmental Responsibility Manager, you will implement an industry leading supplier audit and remediation program, gathering data to support program changes, and to enable reporting on our progress.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Partner with Leader of Sustainability to continuously improve the social and environmental responsibility program
- Work with external auditors to implement third party audit and remediation process
- Responsible for delivering on our collaborative audit commitments as a member of the Responsible Sport Initiative
- Engage suppliers directly to ensure continuous improvement of supplier SER performance
- Ensure SER audit data reaches key decision makers in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Support strategic sourcing decisions by providing expert analysis of supplier performance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN:
- Requires a minimum of 3 + years’ experience in quality, social responsibility, or sustainability.
- Ability to understand complex situations and clearly communicate supplier expectations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across a variety of teams internally and externally.
- Excellent organization skills. Competent with time management, deadlines, multiple projects and the ability to handle frequent interruptions
- Attitude that fosters continuous improvement
- Domestic travel about twice per month.
- Travel to suppliers within Asia about 10 times a year
- Self-motivated. Able to work with or without close supervision
- Excellent computer skills including Windows, Word and Excel
- Experience with Fair Factories Clearinghouse database a plus
- Experience with collaborative programs such as the Responsible Business Alliance a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, or related