Are you a life-long bike nut looking to use your passion and skills to make groundbreaking products that discerning riders lust after? Come join Specialized to partner with multi-functional teams to engineer meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists and lead the industry! Do you thrive on solving problems and designing best-in-class products and relish making products more innovative, relevant, and useful in a rider-first environment? If so, we want you to join us!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE (Your responsibilities)
- Bring radically-innovative technologies to life while working alongside a motivated team of like-minded people.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to design and develop industry-leading products.
- Brainstorm new concepts and ideas for our products & work to gain insight into the needs of the category.
- Participate in idea generation and project definition with product managers and other engineers.
- Create 3D models in Pro/E of our new products. Work with Specialized teams and manufacturers to iterate thru design reviews.
- Be responsible for 2D drawings of all parts and assemblies.
- Demonstrate hands-on passion for your work with the ability to communicate ideas and concepts visually and verbally.
- Build test plans, diagnose test lab failures
- Be accountable for the engineering documentation for your projects using PLM systems.
- Partner with factories, manufacturing & quality engineers to ensure that your products are ready for production.
- Work with engineering team to help improve processes and make our engineering team stronger.
What you’ll need to win:
- A desire to immerse yourself in bike culture for every style of riding.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2-5 years of proven experience. Outstanding candidates with less experience will also be considered, depending on background.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques used in the bicycle industry.
- Experience working with international cultures and suppliers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & complete tasks within product creation timelines.
- Hands on machine shop skills using lathe, mill, welder, and other machine shop equipment.
- Experience with solid modeling CAD software.
- Pro/e Creo skill and experience: Creo is our standard at Specialized. Ability to use surfacing features in Creo is highly desirable.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!