Are you a life-long bike nut looking to use your passion and skills to make groundbreaking products that discerning riders lust after? Come join Specialized to partner with multi-functional teams to engineer meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists and lead the industry! Do you thrive on solving problems, designing best-in-class products, and coaching teammates? Do you relish making products more innovative, relevant, and useful in a rider-first environment? If so, we want you!
How you’ll make a difference
- Bring radically-innovative technologies to life while working alongside a motivated team of like-minded people.
- Be the technical authority team members want to turn to.
- Deliver all assigned projects to a production-ready state.
- Perform and supervise engineering duties for all aspects of the project from concept to production, using supporting resources (R&D, design engineers, development engineers, project managers, etc.)
- Demonstrate hands-on passion for your work with the ability to communicate ideas and concepts visually and verbally.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed for project execution, collaboration, and team integration.
- Create 3D/2D on complete 1st size assembly, using CAD specialist to assist as needed.
- Build test plans, diagnose test lab failures, and guide others on making improvements.
- Set an example in the areas of professional conduct, work ethic, engineering process, continuous improvement, factory relations, etc.
- Lead engineering design & risk assessment reviews and offer critical feedback and advice to other project teams.
- Mentor & teach engineering skills in your areas of expertise: finding problems, making products better & safer while keeping an open mind to new ideas.
- Deliver feedback to engineering manager on regular basis on team dynamics, areas of improvement or unseen successes.
- Assist in project definition with Product Managers and key teammates, advising of technical details and tradeoffs in features vs goals.
What you need to win
- A desire to immerse yourself in bike-culture for every style of riding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with over ten years of progressively more advanced product engineering experience.
- Experience leading the design of complex mechanical systems with an emphasis on two-wheel dynamics, kinematics, suspension, or mechanisms.
- Five years coaching and mentoring in the field of engineering.
- Fluent in CREO (Pro/e) CAD with expertise in surfacing tools and features.
- Experience in using GD&T in 2D and ability to train engineers in proper dimensioning methods.
- Hands on skills, including machine shop, composites, electronics, and bike mechanic skills.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!