An evangelist, event specialist, and communications savant
Outride is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of youth through cycling. Through research, school-based cycling programs, and matching community grants, Outride harnesses the benefits of cycling for the cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical well-being of youth while also helping to cultivate inclusive cycling communities.
Do you have a passion for positively changing the lives of youth, helping them to achieve academic, health and social success? Do you have a strong business mindset, enjoy working and motivating others to support a great cause? Are you an inspiring storyteller, with an established track record of successful event and/or social media engagement? Are you meticulously organized, deadline driven, and get sense of satisfaction from wrangling details into a coherent job well-done? Come join us!
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Be collaborative through and through. We are seeking a seasoned contributor. You will impact Outride by owning our communications and marketing strategies.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders across multiple channels. You are a consummate storyteller, conveying ideas that inspire, connect, engage, and grow support.
- Be able to work in a lean organization, leading by energizing others, bring on volunteers to the cause and get others to collaborate and meet the organization’s mission and program milestones.
- Independent thinker and leader, able to take high level guidance and transform ideas into an executable plan with milestones and measured results.
- Effectively influence through strong relationship skills, capable of directing others that may or may not report to you – including contractors and relationships at other organizations – and consistently deliver quality results on schedule.
- Be results driven and budget conscious. Keen project management skills, delivering project plans and contingency planning despite the complex nature of communicating to a diverse array of stakeholders.
- Show initiative and ownership of projects, strategies, and metrics. Experienced with data and understand that strategy begins with insights and is refined, continually, by analysis.
- Exceptionally organized Develop and track timelines and projects, particularly as they pertain to multiple issues/topics, including social media campaigns and in-person events across the three Outride programs.
- Be committed to advancing equitable, inclusive, and diverse cycling communities by elevating the voices and experiences of our partners.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a background in communications, marketing, and/or liberal arts.
- Experience and ability to use common business productivity tools and resources including MS Office, Google suite of apps, Confluence, JIRA, Google Drive, Sales Force, Trello (or other project management software), Squarespace, Classy, Later, Adobe Suite, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Adept in Google Analytics, Falcon, Later, Khoros, Sprout, other Social Media Management Tools
- Bicycle, education, outdoor, fitness or health industries experience is a plus.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Outride’s mission is to increase access to cycling so that all youth can experience the freedom, joy, and community that riding a bike can provide. This Program Manager would report to the Executive Director. This role supports Outride programs & projects that involve a combination of full time and part time employees, and consultants, in addition to key external partners with whom we engage in joint development and projects.
The Communications Program Manager will help drive many existing programs including, but not limited to: Executing PR and marketing strategies, marketing and social media content creation, engagement with the cycling industry, fundraising, and event execution. Most importantly, this individual will have a willingness to adapt and help out in other areas when needed.
- Develop and execute plan for all Outride marketing and communications strategy and goals.
- Own Outride Social Media planning and execution
- Own Outride Marketing and PR project coordination
- Own Outride monthly newsletter planning and execution
- Own Outride public brand across digital platforms
- Own content creation for platforms where Outride brand + storytelling is concerned
- Manage and develop content for Outride website
- Provide analytics and reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Support Outride Team in all fundraising/partnership development opportunities.
- Exchange and communicate facts, issues, and ideas about Outride to diverse stakeholders (brand partners, ambassadors, applicants, etc.).
- Support content creation for targeted donor communications and updates
- Support Ambassador program management
- Support comms and marketing for brand ambassadors, partners, and awardees
- Support comms and marketing for all Outride Programs: Outride Fund, Research, and Riding for Focus.
- Work with contractors and other staff to support marketing, PR, and communications efforts.
- Support all event planning, coordination and execution for Outride:
- Coordinate Fondo Rides and other events (Spring/ fall)
- Research Summit
Outride is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of youth through cycling. Through research, school-based cycling programs, and matching community grants, Outride harnesses the benefits of cycling for the cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical well-being of youth while also helping to cultivate inclusive cycling communities. Since 2014, Outride has partnered with 200 schools and granted $1M+ to over 100 cycling programs, impacting over 50,000 youth annually.
Outride is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide every applicant and employee with equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status or any other characteristic that makes you who you are. We encourage people - especially those from BIPOC and/or marginalized groups - to apply and help us increase access to cycling so that all youth can experience the freedom, joy, and community that riding a bike can provide.