About Specialized and Today’s Plan:
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. We believe bikes have the power to change lives. The passion we have for sharing our love of bikes with the world can be seen in those who choose to work with us, and the people and organisations we partner with. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.
Today’s Plan; a Specialized company, was founded on the premise that there is an inner athlete in all of us. Ways to access that athlete are coming from everywhere. In a world where technology dominates, we see the opportunity to seamlessly harness it to make it easier for people of any ability to become more athletic, to achieve their personal goals, and ultimately to improve their lives.
Location: Anywhere in Australia (we do have offices in Canberra and Melbourne if that’s your preference).
We are looking for a motivated, proactive server engineer to help us design, build, test and ship quality software on a frequent basis to our customers.
You'll be joining a busy team of talented engineers, working on the edge of innovation in the sports-tech world. We work collaboratively to design, build, test and ship quality software on a regular basis to our riders and athletes. The role is broad, covering everything from integrating with the latest head units and sensors, to profiling our lambdas and databases.
Experience in a startup, or small, fast-paced environment is crucial - we are light on our feet! Experience or an interest in endurance sports or a related discipline would be great, but not necessary.
In the role you will...
- Develop on our core server stack: Serverless, Java, AWS, MySQL, Dynamo and more...
- Work closely with our web and app engineers to design and engineer solutions
- Actively drive forward the patterns and practices of the engineering team
- Ship well-designed, tested software on an incremental basis
To be successful in the role, you’ll need a few of the following...
- 3+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Experience using J2EE and other Java technologies
- Experience building RESTful services
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud service
- Experience with relational and or nosql databases
- Experience using Maven and Git
- Strong design and development skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
Even better if you have...
- Experience with some of our other stacks; Go, php, node, python and more….
- A depth of understanding in how to engineer for a serverless environment
- A personal interest in endurance sports and/or cycling - this is a great opportunity to combine personal and professional interests