Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Add value right away by joining Specialized’s legal team as Regional Counsel – Asia Pacific. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting internal clients in matters that pertain to the Asia-Pacific region, including managing and advising on retail, distribution and employment issues and agreements, providing M&A support to business teams, negotiating and drafting high level corporate agreements, supplier agreements and other (international, intellectual property, marketing, etc.) agreements; advising and implementing practices and procedures to ensure a consistent level of company performance concerning legal, tax and corporate matters; and proactively managing a broad range of matters (retail, employment, corporate, contracts, finance, marketing, commercial, international, intellectual property, litigation, tax, distribution, e-commerce) as a trusted advisor and business partner across all levels of the organization’s Asia-Pacific business. Reporting directly to Specialized General Counsel, this role will be a valued member of the nimble and collegial legal team.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Advise and implement practices to ensure a consistent level of company performance concerning legal, tax, employment and corporate matters, with a focus on Specialized’s retail, distribution network and suppliers;
- Support Specialized’s M&A activity throughout the Asia-Pacific region;
- Handle, negotiate, and draft high level commercial agreements, corporate agreements and other (international, intellectual property, supply, distribution, marketing etc.) agreements for Specialized’s Asia-Pacific business;
- Investigate and analyze factual situations and problem solve at a high level, including negotiation of resolution in conjunction with leaders;
- Mentor and advise teammates on legal matters at a strategic and tactical level across a broad range of topics;
- Proactively manage a broad range of matters (corporate, contracts, finance, marketing, commercial, international, intellectual property, litigation, tax, distribution, e-commerce, M&A) as a trusted advisor and business partner across all levels of the organization’s Asia-Pacific business; and
- Manage special projects.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 5 to 8 years of corporate legal experience, including experience drafting, negotiating and managing a wide variety of commercial and corporate agreements and issues (including in connection with retailers and distributors);
- Law firm experience plus in-house experience strongly preferred;
- Law degree (LLB, JD or equivalent) from a leading law school;
- Qualified to practice law in Singapore or Taiwan;
- Fluency in Mandarin and English; ability to draft and negotiate in both Mandarin and English is essential;
- Must demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills as well as good judgment;
- Must be detail-oriented, a quick learner, and able to set and juggle priorities while handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Also must be independent, proactive, and self-motivated to perform duties with a high level of professionalism and minimal supervision;
- Capacity to cultivate strong client relationships and successfully influence leadership in a fast-paced, innovative business climate;
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively with others across the region and globe;
- Ability to drive legal strategies for the company and independently initiate new assignments and identify ways to improve process and operations; and
- Must be able to travel internationally.