Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
In Company Owned Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
The Inventory Analyst guides assortment and demand planning for company-owned retail; delivering data-backed insights to inform and validate decisions across USA markets and maintaining a consolidated national channel plan and forecast. They are an expert in our product, data and systems and maintain strong relationships with store teams, and operations colleagues that optimize inventory performance and drive profitability. The role will help establish and evolve merchandizing practices and analytics, supporting range plans by store segment, identifying growth opportunities, and managing inventory health.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Generate demand forecasts at SKU and model level, combining historical data, current inventory, commercial viability, and marketing plans
- Review and validate range plans by location, coordinating regionally to update when necessary
- Analyze trends and maximize opportunities on well-performing product
- Support the regional assortment teams in successfully replenishing their plans and managing categories to days-on-hand goals, including oversite of AP teams’:
- markdown and removal lists
- Oracle/B2B/POS orders/purchase orders
- Manage and Communicate status of inbound inventory positions
- Collaborate with retail managers and teams to provide feedback on range and replenishment levels
- Plan for new product launches
- Align with Retail Marketing Manager and Retail Digital team on inventory allocation for inline and special collections launches
- Coordinate with USA Category Leads, demand planning, and Sales ops on upcoming launches
- Work with the Merchandising Manager and Operations Director to refine the Assortment Planning and forecasting systems, develop KPIs and increase efficiencies as the business scales.
- Support the project team on new stores and acquisitions
- Analyze sales history and market trends to develop range plan and inform store design
- Ensure effective and timely receipt of inventory
- Support the transition of backorders and other legacy POS functions
- Support the Assortment Planners in optimizing the performance of the store’s inventory
- Vendor set up for new stores and acquisitions
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 5+ years in similar field of work
- A drive for results
- Proven competency with data analysis and management, and relevant software (Tableau, Excel)
- Exceptional communication skills both internally and externally
- Experience using LightSpeed POS software to manage inventory data and orders
- Proficient in Oracle ERP
- Expert knowledge of Specialized bicycles and equipment, good knowledge of other cycling products
TELL ME MORE
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Long term loan of a current model-year demo bike
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*
*For eligible employees
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!