Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Are you a seasoned bike mechanic with an eye for detail that would stand up to the highest level of scrutiny? Do you constantly talk to your friends, family and pets about bikes and every detail of every component? Are you excited at the idea of working with the latest and greatest in frame and component technology for the best riders in the world? If you were able to answer yes to these questions, then we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a friendly, enthusiastic mechanic to be part of a team that serves dynamic needs; from event support to employee bikes, from marketing builds to fleet management, whatever the company asks of us we get it done. Sound fun? We want to talk to you!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- As a member of the Village Service Course you will be responsible for cleaning, tuning, adjusting, and assembling bikes for all manner of audiences
- You will have the opportunity to interact with many other groups within Specialized, to include: Quality, Retail and Rider Care, International Trade, Distribution, Product Management, Marketing, Sales and SBCU.
- Attend events such as trade shows, demo rides, races, as a representative of Specialized’s Service Team.
- You will support fleets of bikes for Employee, Marketing, Demo, and Educational use.
- Ride support for various events and endeavors
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- First and foremost, the ability to work as a member of a team
- High level of mechanical ability.
- 3-5 years’ experience servicing bicycles in a professional shop environment.
- Experience servicing suspension, dropper posts, and wheels
- Certifications from S-Tec, STU, Fox, UBI, etc. a plus
- Significant customer service experience, preferably in bicycle shops, or other service shop environment.
- You should have an in-depth understanding of bicycle suspension and wheel products
- Organization and follow through are a must as is the ability to balance a fast tempo with incredible results.
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel. Oracle and JIRA experience helpful.
- Professional, technical, and personable communication skills both written and verbal are critical.
TELL ME MORE
- Based in Morgan Hill, CA
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount
- Dog friendly offices
- Travel to events may occasionally be required
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!