Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Make an impact right away as a Sr. Fullstack Developer on our Retül team. Retül provides industry-leading 3d motion capture bike fit tools and technology. You will help riders find the best bikes and components for their needs, and help those riders achieve their cycling goals. You will work on products and services that riders and bike shops all over the world interact with, while ensuring our globally-distributed team understands real data from real riders.
We expect you to:
- Own technical aspects of a project. You should be interested in self-directed work.
- Be able to succinctly communicate status of your work and your next steps.
- Enjoy collaboration and enjoy discussing ideas in a manner that respects all voices in the room.
- Share knowledge with your coworkers. We want to learn from you and expect you to want to learn from us.
- Be vigilant in protecting rider data and their privacy.
- Voice concerns. This may involve the voice of riders, or a security concern, or a piece of tech debt that needs to be paid down sooner than later.
- Be able to break large feature requests into small and actionable chunks of work.
What you need to win
- 5+ years of experience in a Fullstack Developer position
- Solid grasp of REST concepts
- 2+ years writing Python
- Comfort with modern development tools and processes (version control, task management tools, testing tools, etc)
- Experience instrumenting your work for monitoring and analysis
- Experience with Django. We use it for many of our backend services.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS and ECS
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with Typescript and React or Vue.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (we use CircleCI)
- Interest in developer experience improvements
- Excitement about bikes
Tell me more
- Location: Boulder CO, Remote (USA) okay
- Compensation range: $90-$130K plus bonus DOE*
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including employee discounts
- Dog friendly offices
*In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity. This compensation range is specific to the Boulder, CO location.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!