You are a motivated and proactive server engineer who would love to help us design and test high quality software? You want to join a dynamic team of other talented engineers to be part of the latest innovations in the sports-tech-world? You enjoy working in a startup and fast-paced environment and you are crazy about endurance sport? If you can answer all these questions with a yes we want to talk to you!
To strengthen our growing team located in Cham, ZG, Switzerland, we are seeking a Software Engineer to commence immediately or by agreement.
How you’ll make a difference
- Development on our core server stack: JavaEE, JPA, AWS, MySQL and NoSQL
- Working closely with our UI and mobile engineers to design and engineer solutions
- Actively drive forward the patterns and practices of the engineering team
- Ship well-designed, tested software on an incremental basis
What you need to win
- 3+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience using J2EE technologies, Java Swing or FX, building RESTful services and working with working with AWS
- Demonstrated experience using Java with relational databases via JDBC and / or Hibernate
- Experience using Maven and Git
- Strong design and development skills
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
- Experience with Android development is a plus
- Experience designing software to leverage the AWS stack, including, but not limited to; Lambda, Cognito, RDS, SQS and SNS is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills rounded by a high level of creativity
- Very good English skills
- Passion for cycling is a plus
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation.