Reporting to: Director of Operations
Direct Reports: Regional Operations Coordinators/Managers
Status: Full Time 40/week, Exempt
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.
In Company Owned Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
Do you pride yourself on your leadership, communication, problem-solving and attention to detail? Are you passionate about supporting world class retail with the systems, facilities, and operational support it needs to thrive? Does a fast-paced and varied work environment excite you? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
Specialized is focused on innovation and pushing the boundaries of what is possible to make every ride amazing at all levels, for all riders. We make the best product and work hard to support it with the best customer experience. This role will lead the retail operations team that provides critical support to our Market Managers, Store Managers, and their teams, while defining operational best practice in collaboration with the wider management team.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Line-manage the regional operations leads to ensure business needs are met and consistent operational support is delivered nationwide
- Directly support locations without a dedicated operations lead, and in collaboration with the Director of Operations, develop the retail operations team to meet the needs of the growing business
- Monitor and control store’s operational overhead, supporting store and regional managers to drive efficiency and meet budget targets.
- Compile reports, analyze budget variance and update and communicate OpEx forecasts.
- Identify opportunities to support targeted revenue and location growth, while keeping the delivery of an unparalleled rider experience at the center of every decision
- Work with the Merchandising and Accounting teams to address transactional and inventory related issues or discrepancies by store or region
- Ensure SOPs for business practices are robust and being met, and that relevant KPIs are in place to monitor operational success
- Minimize shrinkage and stock-loss by reviewing and implementing location-appropriate physical security and processes
- Work closely with the Merchandising Manager, Retail Excellence (training) Manager, Accounting Manager, People & Culture and New Store Project teams, to ensure that objectives are met and business practices are aligned cross-functionally.
- Oversee the provision of facilities maintenance
- Establish vendor partnerships and negotiate contracts for provision of services that support our retail operations, seeking out economies of scale and standardization across the network.
- Coordinate with IT and 3rd Party vendors to provide appropriate network, hardware and software solutions to the stores.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 5+ years operational experience in a multi-location retail business, preferably the bicycle industry
- Ability to interpret financial data, budgets, P&L
- Understanding of inventory management; warehouse and logistics experience desired
- Familiarity with Point of Sale and Merchant Services systems, LightSpeed Retail a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel, Word, Outlook
- Driver License
TELL ME MORE
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Long term loan of a current model-year demo bike
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*
*For eligible employees
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.