Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Are you ready to partner with our cross-functional teams to engineer meaningful and industry-leading wheels that inspire cyclists? Do you enjoy product design, composites engineering, problem solving, and mentoring? Are you a passionate cyclist? If you were able to answer yes to these questions, then we want to talk with you!
We are searching for a driven individual to join the Roval Wheel Team as a Senior Design Engineer!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Be a composites specialist who owns product development from ideation to production.
- Deliver assigned projects to a production-ready state. Responsibilities include:
- Executing the engineering of projects from start to finish, relying on supporting resources when needed
- Translating use-cases into product definition and validation criterion
- Clearly and effectively communicating designs and information to global teams and suppliers
- Creating efficient test plans, diagnosing test lab failures, and guiding fixes
- Willingness to travel internationally to work with our global teams and manufacturing partners
- Set an example in the areas of professional conduct including work ethic, engineering professionalism, continuous improvement, and factory relations.
- Participate in project definition with Product Managers & key stakeholders, advising of technical details and tradeoffs.
- Lead engineering design/risk assessments and offer critical feedback to the team.
- Provide regular feedback to the engineering manager on team dynamics, areas of improvement and unseen successes.
- Mentor and coach engineering skills to empower teammates.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with five to ten years of progressively more advanced product engineering experience.
- Experience leading the design of complex mechanical systems with an emphasis composite structures.
- Three years coaching and mentoring in your areas of expertise.
- CAD experience, CREO (Pro/E) CAD software preferred.
- Proficient in GD&T and proper dimensioning methods.
- Hands on skills including machine shop, composites, electronics and/or bike mechanic skills are a major plus!
TELL ME MORE
- Based in Morgan Hill, CA
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount
- Dog friendly offices
- Travel to events may occasionally be required
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!