Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
The Hybris Architect is part of the Global Digital Commerce Team managing, maintaining, and running the consumer facing brand website. This person will need extensive experience designing solutions maximizing SAP's Hybris / Commerce platform capabilities.
The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to senior-level knowledge of Hybris (including out-of-the-box B2C extensions), master-level Java development experience along with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and a strong curiosity to find innovative solutions to existing problems. Candidate must work independently as well as interacting with the development team and project leads to provide technical recommendations, development scoping (e.g., level-of-effort analysis), and assist on existing complicated technical challenges.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Transform business requirements into detailed technical specifications for the development team to implement.
- Ability to identify and understand root causes of existing problems and propose creative and innovative solutions.
- Design and lead technical upgrade projects on existing platforms / integrations.
- Collaborate with other teams to understand third party integrations and data ownership.
- Brainstorm on complicated existing technological challenges.
- Participate on project definitions while modeling solutions around Hybris out-of-the-box capabilities.
- Mentor the team in terms of best practices on Hybris B2C projects.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Proven expertise in creating and producing technical specifications from business requirements.
- Senior-level experience in coding / creating Hybris technical solutions around business needs / requirements for a multi-country / multi-store / multi-catalog B2C site.
- Senior-level experience on integrating with third party APIs.
- Senior-level knowledge on Hybris CCV2 Portal (e.g., Services, Endpoints, Security, Hosts, etc).
- Extensive experience working with different Payment Providers (e.g., Adyen, Mercado Pago, Naver, etc.); conducting Hybris Migration Projects (minor and major) and technical upgrade projects on third party extensions.
- Able to provide accurate estimates based on documentation / design requirements.
- Willing and able to jump into the code with developers and even write code themselves.
- Familiar with agile development methodology and willing to learn our software development lifecycle.
- Problem solver who comes with creative solutions to existing / new challenges.
- Ability to simultaneously handle several workflows without sacrificing project timelines.
- Self-motivated, teammate who is communicative and collaborative.
- Independently handle overall track and technical guideline / compliance.
- Curious, willing to take action, focused on high-quality output.
- Strong teammate and mentor.
- 4-6 years of experience on creating technical specifications / designs from business requirements and acting as business technical consultant on project definitions.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or comparable subject area.
- Experience as a Backend Engineer working on all aspects of a consumer facing enterprise-level Hybris B2C application (e.g., Storefront, OCC, BackOffice, SmartEdit, etc.) and SAP Commerce (Hybris) 1905 or higher versions.
- Comfortable working with source code control and versioning tools (Git preferred).
- Experience with Mobile First Website development.
- Familiarity with data privacy concepts (GDPR, PCI, HIPAA) and tech solution design around 3rd party API's to handle core pieces of the B2C application (Payment Gateways, External ORM's, External user
- Hands on experience on Hybris core architecture.
- Familiar with Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, Slack and Dropbox.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Adyen / Mercado Pago knowledge is a PLUS
TELL ME MORE
- Based in Morgan Hill, CA or #remote (USA)
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount
- Dog friendly offices
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!