Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
Are you someone who prefers testing the security of a database or the robustness of a new API to testing a mobile app? Do you enjoy troubleshooting API response error codes? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then we want to talk to you!
We are searching for a Microservices Quality Assurance Engineer to join our S-Digital team! As the Microservices SQA Engineer, you will be testing several different microservices, including an Oracle database. You will need a strong comfort level with using Postman, writing monitors for different microservices, looking at java code, and jumping between different products for both regression and feature testing in a backend environment. You must be able to work well independently as well in discussion with the team, asking questions and being clear about what you see in the behavior of each microservice. The best fit will be a person who loves doing API testing via Postman and troubleshooting and is comfortable understanding the security needed around database access.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Work with the Microservices team to write and run feature and regression API testing across multiple products.
- Write monitors that check the agreements between user facing applications and the backend services that deliver data to them
- Write in JIRA and communicate directly about bugs, feature needs, and outages with the rest of the team
- Work with developers to get bugs reproduced and tested
- Identify failure points and edge cases with an Oracle database microservice
- Suggest improvements, multiple resolutions for bugs found and other ideas to strengthen the software products
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN
- Experience with Postman API writing
- Understanding of error codes such as 504, 401, and successful responses such as 200
- Experience testing database queries
- Knowledge of security test writing for databases
- Comfortable working independently and switching between multiple products
- Experience writing regression test suites
- Comfortable troubleshooting HTTP errors
- A Software Quality mindset
- Work well with others to improve software products
- Knowledge of GitHub useful
- 2-5 years in Software Quality Assurance
- Experience with Postman, JIRA and Github
- Experience writing API monitors of services
- Comfortable reading java code
- Familiarity with typical mobile application behavior on one or both platforms
- Able to pick up equipment from the Boulder office within 24 hours of notice
- Nice to have: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical field
- Nice to have: experience with or interest in the bicycle industry
- Nice to have: RFID software experience
TELL ME MORE
- Based in Boulder, CO; remote in Colorado is OK
- Compensation range: $70k-$100K DOE plus Bonus
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount
- Dog friendly offices
- Must be able to come to the Boulder office to swap equipment with 48 hours notice
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!