- Aids the Development & Sourcing process for Propriety Parts
- Responsible for Initial Production Costs associated with Propriety Parts
- Uphold the standards of performance, quality, integrity and delivery Specialized customers and riders expect.
- Ensures Parts (spec’s, tolerance, dimension, colors, costs and test results) meets the expectations of the product and engineering team and are approved in time for production.
- Executing in \ Maintaining the development tracking tools and being able to report the status for a given project for deliver control is standard work for this role.
- Support Process Development, in relation to Sourcing & Product Development, for process/system optimization to fulfill the compliance requirement, delivery, and improve the operation effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Introduce Innovations and New Suppliers to the product and engineering teams
- Collaborate with product, engineering and quality teams to transform challenging designs\concepts into sustainably produced, commercially viable products.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to reduce weigh\waste\cost yoy.
- Partner with Design Engineer from Start of Project to identify potential suppliers
- Assist in Identifying new suppliers to fill gaps in our supply chain
- Responsible for driving and encouraging a collaboration in the sourcing team to make timely a final decision on product suppliers for design, development
- and production.
- Aid in Communicating and implementing sourcing standard procedures to suppliers.
- Aid in Coordination, clarification and resolution of sourcing issues between Specialized and suppliers.
- Responsible for Initial Production Costs associated with Propriety Parts (Tooling & Unit)
- Responsible for ensuring Finance team receives Tooling costs or estimates in timely manner
- Aid in Coordination of Creation, Sending and paying Purchase Orders
- Manage Product information: pricing, approvals, development project specification, descriptions etc.
- Maintain Project status & timeline in PLM systems
- Collaborate to improve process yoy. (Functionality \ Speed)
- Work with product, engineering and Quality teams uphold SBC policy and ensure vendor alignment with SBC strategy.
- Work with product, engineering and Quality teams expedite our responses to issues and ability to solve them.
- Collaborate with QC (and associated departments) on the diagnosis and holding the partners accountable when production issues are found.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Team to ensure on time delivery of Products are met.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Team to ensure tooling investments are made & negotiated to fulfill annual demand.
- Responsible for Alerting Supply Chain Team to potential bottle necks such as tooling capacity, lead times, general capacity, etc.
- Partner with Legal Team in counterfeit supplier investigations
- Visit Trade shows, Suppliers, Specialized offices as needed.
Skills & Knowledge
- Keen sense of engineering with a curiosity about what is possible with manufacturer and how
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Organized and highly detail oriented.
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Works well under tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, Fluent in English and Mandarin/Taiwanese. Vietnamese a plus, including listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Familiar with MS system (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.). Oracle, Agile, Atlassian Confluence and JIRA experience a plus.
- Experience working with international cultures
- A passion for cycling and the Specialized brand.
- Understanding of principles for intellectual property ownership and confidentiality.
- Good problem solving abilities and a sense for getting to the cause of issues
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (Forging, CNC ,casting, molding, etc.) and materials (steel, Alloys, composites,etc.)
- Knowledge of assembly processes of bicycles, from procurement to logistics.