Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
In Company Owned Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
The Merchandising Manager leads the Merchandising and Assortment Planning team in Company Owned Retail. You will collaborate with store teams, corporate colleagues, and external partners to deliver a product assortment that serves national and regional needs through market insights and data. Your core responsibility in this role is ensuring that the most location-appropriate and profitable product line is offered to our riders and that demand and store-level revenue goals can be met. As the Merchandising Manager you will ensure the right quantity of the right product is in the right place at the right time. You will closely partner with the USA Merchandising, Category Leadership and operations teams to achieve financial targets, and adhere to brand vision. Through your research, and collaboration with regional teams, you are expected to advocate for commercially viable product lines, make ranging decisions and identify new areas of growth based on in-market data. You are the key point of contact for line performance data, analysis, and recommendations.
HOW YOU´LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Effectively manage and direct the development of the growing Merchandising & Assortment Planning team to meet business needs nationally
- Support the Assortment Planners in forecasting and demand planning for their stores
- Work cross-functionally with sales, demand planning, finance and supply chain to gather key forecast inputs
- Data driven approach identifying shifts in trends and forecasts, using Oracle, LightSpeed Analytics, Tableau
- Develops and manages 3rd party vendor setups and relationships to unlock margin and growth opportunities
- Coordinates with US distribution centers on timing of products inbound, ensures effective management of owned retail inventories by location
- Develop appropriate strategies for the non-inline product transitions
- Manage the Inventory Health Coordinator and their efforts to clear dusty and NIL inventory.
- Develop line and market performance targets with Market and Store Managers and support them in driving the results
- Host feedback meetings with regional planners and key stakeholders in
accordance with the demand and assortment planning cycle
- Consolidation and distribution of monthly product performance reports by category and market
- Travel to new and existing owned retail locations to gain location and market insights and support best practice operations
- Assist with new location strategies, ensuring the successful launch of new stores and transition of acquired locations
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 5+ years of experience in merchandising management, demand planning
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of years of experience and education.
- Experience managing or working in bicycle or outdoor retail
- Must be a team player, energetic, and highly motivated
- Ability to manage change and apply an entrepreneurial spirit to each project
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Data driven
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Computer/Software Applications: Microsoft Office Suite – Very strong Excel knowledge
required, Tableau, and SQL a plus
- Proven ability to successfully connect brand strategy to sales and financial targets
- Working knowledge of Oracle
TELL ME MORE
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Long term loan of a current model-year demo bike
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*
*For eligible employees
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!