- Develop Color & Graphics packages for products based off the vision set by the Morgan Hill, California based Creative Team
- Interpret Graphics Concepts into mass-production ready art files using Adobe Illustrator.
- Work with our Taiwan, China, Vietnam, and Cambodia based vendor partners to sample and validate Color & Graphics packages.
- Uphold the standards of performance, quality, integrity and delivery Specialized customers and riders expect.
- Ensure Color & Graphics execution (spec’s, colors, cost, appearance and test results) meet the expectations of the Morgan Hill, California based Product Teams and are approved for on-time production.
- Work and maintain project data in the Specialized tracking tools (Agile, JIRA, Confluence). Being able to report current project status and drive timelines is standard work for this role.
- Interpret Graphics Concepts created by the Morgan Hill, California based Creative Team into mass-producible artwork.
- Use Adobe Illustrator to create art files communicating Colors, Finishes, Placements, 100% Artwork, etc. for sample creation and mass production.
- Size, scale, and adjust artwork to products to fit product across multiple sizes.
- Track sample delivery and assist in photo shooting pre-production products for internal sample reviews.
- Collect Color and Graphic package specific manufacturability and costing feedback from vendor partners and present to Morgan Hill, California based product teams during sample review.
- Manage Product information: development status, cost and manufacturability feedback, testing results, color & graphic approvals, project specifications and descriptions.
- Maintain accurate data and project status in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems.
- Identify and communicate potential Color & Graphic related issues to Product Teams early and often to avoid delays to mass production.
- Work with Vendor Partners to clarify quality expectations enforce Specialized quality standards to ensure vendor alignment with Specialized strategy.
- Work with Quality Teams to diagnose root cause and problem-solve for issues identified in mass production.
- Work with Compliance and Vendor Partners to ensure ALL new Color & Graphics Packages are tested and executable to Specialized standards at needed quantities.
- Collaborate with Design \Product Team \ Supply Chain Team to ensure on-time delivery of products.
- Travel to Vendor Partners, Specialized Offices, and Tradeshows as needed.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Keen sense of design with a curiosity about what is possible with paint and decals from a color and graphics perspective.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator.
- Organized and highly detail oriented.
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Works well under tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, Fluent in English and Mandarin/Taiwanese. Vietnamese a plus, including listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Familiar with MS system (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.). Oracle, Agile, Atlassian Confluence and JIRA experience a plus.
- Experience working with International Cultures
- A passion for cycling and the Specialized brand.
- Understanding of principles for intellectual property ownership and confidentiality.
- Good problem-solving abilities and a tendency for action.
- Knowledge of bicycle painting, process, material, logistic and delivery flow.
- 2-4 years design experience with a detailed portfolio of finished projects.